Remote connection via Internet

• Hi Guys, as I just doing the whole setup on my NAS I do have a question concerning the connection to the webinterface via Internet.
    Actually I do run ssl 443, but I can't enter from outside the network. Is there any possibillity?

regards
    openalf

• If you are using a router on your lan you need to go into the configuration settings. Then look for port forwarding. You need to forward port 443 to your omv ip address on your lan and open port 443.

PS- you need to find out if you ISP (internet provider) has given you a dynamic or static ip too. When you connect you need to know outside ip of your lan. You can get it by going to http://www.whatismyip.com If you have a dynamic ip you will need to setup a DDNS service so you can find your ip when you are connecting remotely.

• I do have a DDNS address on both sides of my routers and a VPN setup IPSEC. But means in that case that I will open port 443. Was just checking out if I could reach the webinterface from outside didn't work :-(. The second problem I do have is that the VPN does not allow Brodcast so in such case I should maybe shift over to OpenVPN.

• You only need to forward:

32400 tcp (in router management forward to ip of omv)

for remote access.

In plex web management goto http://ipofyouromv:32400/web

go to settings/plex media server/my plex and sign in with your plex pass userid and password.

Then put a check in to select port manually and have it as 32400 and connect.

• Yes, I have configure the port map on my home router, and i can access my home Plex Server by URL: http://boilstone.vicp.cc:32400/web

Now, I want access my Plex serve outside (Internet) by Plex for Home Theater. I have set the router outside ip and port 32400 in Plex for Home Theater,but it could not access my Plex server at home

Any tips or guidance?
    Thanks in advance

I love my beautiful NAS !
    Hardware: Mainboard ASUS H87I-PLUS|CPU Xeon E3 1230V3|RAM 2x8G|SSD Samsung 120GB|HDD 1x3T + 1x2T|Scalability: 5*SATA
    Software: Vmware ESXi 5.5 build Vitural Machines(OMV 0.5.35,Ubuntu,Debia wheezy,Windows 7)

• In the Plex of Home Theater ,there is a parameter in the network configuration : "enable GDM"
    What does it means?
    should i enable it?

any sggestion is welcome

regards
    mandrake

Hardware: Mainboard ASUS H87I-PLUS|CPU Xeon E3 1230V3|RAM 2x8G|SSD Samsung 120GB|HDD 1x3T + 1x2T|Scalability: 5*SATA
    Software: Vmware ESXi 5.5 build Vitural Machines(OMV 0.5.35,Ubuntu,Debia wheezy,Windows 7)

• You can login with a plex client with your credentials from myPlex. Then you´re able to stream your content over the internet.

GDM is a zero configuration tool like bonjour which only works on the same subnet. If you enable it, your clients are able to discover the PlexServer automatically.

• It means that the port of 32400 is for HTTP. And which port of Plex Server is for connecting of "Home of Plex Theater"?
    "Home of Plex Theater" is a client application of Plex Server

• mandrake - what is wrong with you?! Stop double/ tripple posting or you´ll have to beat with the consequences. You always ask THE SAME question!

Last time:
    As you already forwarded the plex server, you can connect with your Plex Home Theater to your Plex Server through the internet with your myPlex credentials.

• Zitat von "WastlJ"

mandrake - what is wrong with you?! Stop double/ tripple posting or you´ll have to beat with the consequences. You always ask THE SAME question!

Last time:
    As you already forwarded the plex server, you can connect with your Plex Home Theater to your Plex Server through the internet with your myPlex credentials.

I am VERY VERY sorry for that same posts. Because of network error, the same content has been posted twice.
    Now, I will disucss the same topic in one post. thanks for the help of your and other friends thease days.

and I have another quesion:

Yes , Plex home theater could connect to Plex Server by MyPlex. In this way I must tell my id/password to other peoples to access Plex server. It's not what I want.
    So I prefer to access Plex server by ip and port in the Plex Home Theater.
    But I found that the port 32400 is for HTTP service on the Plex server ,not for Plex Home Theater.

Any tips?

regards
    mandrake

• Did you consider to ask that on the Plex forums? E.g.: https://forums.plex.tv/index.p…rgin-router-difficulties/

Greetings
    David

"Well... lately this forum has become support for everything except omv" [...] "And is like someone is banning Google from their browsers"

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.

Upload Logfile via WebGUI/CLI
    #openmediavault on freenode IRC | German & English | GMT+1
    Absolutely no Support via PM!

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!