nginx with ipv4 only...

• Hey there,

I am using OMV3 with several further services like nextcloud, rutorrent, plex, ... delivered by nginx. On my network-bond ipv6 is deactivated as I am using ipv4 only within my LAN. Recently the nginx-addon started adding listeners for ipv6 in the configfiles but as there is no ipv6 defined on the network, it fails starting until I disable vhosts or remove all ipv6-referals from the openmediavault-webgui file ("listen [::]:80 ipv6only=off" to "listen 80;" and "listen [::]:443 ipv6only=off ssl deferred;" to "listen 443 ssl deferred;").

Would be nice to get a hint, how to resolve this problem.
    Thanks in advance.

Greetz,
    Plex

• Had the same problem.
    In fact it was really simple:
    Now you need to use the IPv6 syntax in ALL servers to work with IPv4 AND IPv6. It doesn’t matter if you use IPv6 in your network or not. My network adapter is also configured to not use IPv6.

So:

Have fun
    LouBen3010

• Sorry for not sending an earlier reply but job and RL were keeping me busy.

I also made manual changes to configfiles and got it working again somehow but this only seems to be a temporary solution. As soon as the config files are differring from the WebGUI-config the yellow bar appears asking for confirmation of the altered settings and as soon as you do so the non functional settings are overwriting your changes again. ATM I am executing a bashfile everytime I confirmed changes within the WebGUI

Bash
    #!/bin/bash
    sed -i 's@\[::\]:@@g;s@ ipv6only=off@@g' /etc/nginx/sites-available/openmediavault-webgui
    service nginx start
    • Offizieller Beitrag

Why not just enable ipv6 on the machine?

omv 7.0.4-2 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.5 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.10 | compose 7.1.2 | k8s 7.0-6 | cputemp 7.0 | mergerfs 7.0.3

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• I am not using ipv6 neither within LAN nor on WAN...
    so which IPv6-setting should I choose? just auto or static with a random ipv6?

As far as I understand the only important thing is the availability of ::1/128

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!