New installation is not visible on LAN

• Hi, im absolutly new with OMV... I have completly fresh instalation.

The problem is that I do not see the NAS on the LAN. I'll get to shared folders via an IP address or hosentame. But if I click on "network locations", Windows 10 can not see it. Do not you know how to fix it? I'm not good at Linux.

• Hi, there, welcome to OMV. You won't be seeing any shares right now because they've not been set up in SMB/CIFS. The first step is to get to the webGUI, which should be displayed on the screen. Type that IP address in your browser.

• Shared folders I have created. The problem is that Windows 10 does not see NAS at all. The only way to get it is to manually enter Hostname or IP. In short, NAS for Windows is invisible. I originally had Synology DSM from Xpenology. Here was a similar problem that has disappeared over time. It is quite possible that it looks like a windows error. If I search for a network device on my mobile (android), the NAS is visible.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!