cant find shares on windows 10

• Hi,

I just installed OMV .94 for the third time on an old intel machine. Worked good so far. I further created a SMB share but am not be able to even see it on my windows machine. Network interface via browser works fine. SSH via putty works fine too.

What I did to solve my problem:

- worked through every single step of the SMB/problem thread
    - enabled everything which includes smb on my windows machine
    - tryed to find it with firewall disabled
    - set the workgroup name to "workgroup"

A share has been created, a user has been created, privileges have been set.

I hope someone can help me.

• Hi,

file and folder sharing is on, so is network discovery (I can find other computers).

A second Windows 10 machine is not able to see the NAS. A Windows 7 machine is also not able too.

I tried:

Set-SmbServerConfiguration -EnableSMB1Protocol 1Set-SmbServerConfiguration -EnableSMB2Protocol 1

both have been accepted but don't seem to work.

What is a good way to see, if the SMB shares actually work? Can I somehow ping them or so?

• Yes, I set up a Raspberry Pi 3 with some 3.x Version. That was no problem at all and everything worked immediately. I have to mention, that I was using another version of Windows 10 back then.

I also configured that two steps before.

I think i will set up another OMV on a Raspberry Pi. Maybe my hardware is limiting somehow!?

• CPU is an Intel Atom 230, it is 64bit.

Anyway, my problem is solved now. Let me tell you what I did.

Somewhere I read (can't find it anymore), that a person had issues with the installation, when he manually restarted the machine after the last message of the routine. Never did that.
    Additionaly I have been using a CF card as my OS drive, which I changed to a real harddrive.

Changing this, I suddenly had success. Shares are visible immediateley. Everythings works fine!

Can't tell exactly if the problem was not waiting for automatic restart after the installation or chaging the OS drive.

• I am having the same issue with my raspberry pi 3 b. Whether it is using OMV or manually installing samba through terminal, I cannot map networkdrive on windows 10. I do not have any computers that are not on win10 to test. I can ssh using putty and webconfig works too.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!