Fixed IP address for OMV

• Hi!

I have a problem with OMV on my Raspberry pi. It seems that whenever i shutdown my RPI and turn it on the next day, my ip address it not the same.. That gives me a problem on my TV where i run kodi because i use the IP address of my SMB server.

Does anyone have an idea on how i can make a fixed IP for OMV?

• Offizieller Beitrag

This is how DHCP works. Your router is what causes this. You can either give it a static dhcp address on your router (search on google for how to do that) or go to the networking tab and set the interface to static and give it an IP address. If your router was doing things correctly, you should be able to use the hostname instead of the IP address and then you wouldn't have to worry about this.

omv 7.0.4-2 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.5 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.10 | compose 7.1.2 | k8s 7.0-6 | cputemp 7.0 | mergerfs 7.0.3

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• This is how DHCP works. Your router is what causes this. You can either give it a static dhcp address on your router (search on google for how to do that) or go to the networking tab and set the interface to static and give it an IP address. If your router was doing things correctly, you should be able to use the hostname instead of the IP address and then you wouldn't have to worry about this.

Yeah i can see that it's giving me alot of problems and since the router doesn't allow me to do this it seems. On what Networking tab could i set the interface to static? on OMV Web GUI or on the command line?

• Offizieller Beitrag

On what Networking tab could i set the interface to static? on OMV Web GUI or on the command line?

There are no tabs on the command line... In the OMV web interface, go to System -> Network -> Interfaces.

omv 7.0.4-2 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.5 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.10 | compose 7.1.2 | k8s 7.0-6 | cputemp 7.0 | mergerfs 7.0.3

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• Sorry to bother you again sir.

But now i have a new problem. It worked to make the ip static and i can find my folder on my PC over LAN. But it seems i can't find them on other devices with WIFI i really don't understand why.

Could you help me?

• if you've downloaded the OMV raspberry pi image of sourceforge, the OS is armbian.
    Use the config tool on the commandline: armbian-config
    There you can set the IP.

Another way to do it: assign the IP address in the DHCP server of your router, by MAC address.
    You'll have to reboot the raspberry pi (maybe even multiple times), before it picks up the new IP.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!