omv-engined terminate (SIGCHLD received ...)

• Hello,

I did install nullmailer today (via apt-get) and for some reason this triggered the uninstall of several openmediavault packages (which I did not spot in time).
    After re-installing according to this post, I get the web-interface, but cannot login (no connection to daemon).
    Journalctl hints me at omv-engined not running.

When I start
    omv-engined -f -d I get this output

These packages are installed:

Code
    root@homeserver:~# dpkg -l | grep openmedi
    ii  openmediavault                                              4.0.17-1                          all          openmediavault - The open network attached storage solution
    rc  openmediavault-borgbackup                                   4.0                               all          borgbackup plugin for OpenMediaVault.
    rc  openmediavault-docker-gui                                   4.0.1                             all          OpenMediaVault plugin for Docker
    ii  openmediavault-keyring                                      1.0                               all          GnuPG archive keys of the OpenMediaVault archive
    rc  openmediavault-letsencrypt                                  3.4.5                             all          Generate free and valid SSL certificates for OMV
    rc  openmediavault-omvextrasorg                                 4.1.2                             all          OMV-Extras.org Package Repositories for OpenMediaVault
    rc  openmediavault-rsnapshot                                    4.1.3                             all          OpenMediaVault rsnapshot backup plugin.

The web-interface looks incomplete, e.g. Snapraid is missing. And I cannot install it, because the entry for omv-extras does not apper in the Web-Interface.

But I think that the main problem is the omv-engined termination.

What can I do?

Regards,
    Hendrik

• Hi,

reinstall (apt-get install openmediavault --reinstall)
    and

Code
    systemctl enable openmediavault-engined
    systemctl start openmediavault-engined
    systemctl status openmediavault-engined

helped.
    The Service is running now.

Still, the omv-extras are missing. I will investigate. But do not hesitate to give me a hint.

Greetings,
    Hendrik

• pretty much talking to my self here, but maybe it will help someone later:
    reinstalling omv-extras helped:

Code
    wget http://omv-extras.org/openmediavault-omvextrasorg_latest_all4.deb
    dpkg -i openmediavault-omvextrasorg_latest_all4.deb
    apt-get update
  • Hello, I have/had the same problem after a fresh install. Not being able to login to the web ui, and then after running omv-engined -f -d I have the contiual executing rpc sigchild blah blah error, it's starting to fill up my boot drive. The command you mentioned "apt-get install openmediavault --reinstall", I've not run that in the past, will I lose all of my current configurations and/or have to rebuild my docker containers if I run it? I need to get this error taken care of. Thanks.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!