HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! please help

• hi guys iv setup shares on OMV and i can see it on my network list on my windows 10 pc but cant access it iv gone back through all the settings on OMV and checked all my settings in windows to do with sharing i even unplug my router from the outside world and disabled my firewall on pc and the router im stumped

• dude give it more than 2 hours. what do you mean you can't access it? you can browse the shares but can't read the files? you can't browse? my guess is you do not have permissions set correctly but we don't have much to go on here...

• @ Drakeoss: Does your windows client pop up an error messages? Does the event viewer in windows gave you any hint, why it couldn't access the network drive? Or do you only get a timeout? Is your NAS in the same IP-Range as your windows-clients or are you using VLANs?

Did you look into the logs of your NAS. Do you went to the cli and looked at the messages?

Logs are the holy grail of the IT. Normaly you could find in them the answer to your incident. What your first post discribe is a chicken run, but no problem solving.
    And if that didn't solve your problem sniff the nics and look what Whireshark is telling you.

But I agree with jollyrogr, that you likely have an issue with your permissions on the filesystem or with the service permissions.

„Unsere Jugend ist heruntergekommen und zuchtlos. Die jungen Leute hören nicht mehr auf ihre Eltern. Das Ende der Welt ist nahe“ (Keilschrifttext, Chaldäa, um 2000 v. Chr.)

• Sorrry guys I wasn't in the right frame of mind yesterday after a couple of installs and trying to work out what I was doing wrong I wound myself up and if its any consolation I had to apologise to the misses too but back to my problem and no I don't mean my temper lol

I have checked what flmaxey suggested and the settings are how suggested, the problem is windows I think I get this after double clicking in the network browser

• hi @jollyrogr yes smb/cifs service is running i have made multiple shares with different disks and have them all running in the hope that windows will let me access one of them im am unable to use a different client because of the lack of one lol im starting to loss intrest in OMV as it has been made out as a really easy to use os but i cant even get it to do the most basic of things (a share) iv watched vids on youtube to make sure i haven't changed a setting or something stupid its quite frustrating

• right up date time guys i have installed mint in a vm on my windows pc and im in iv got access to OMV but mint cant access windows files over the network so i think its time to say good bye to windows once and for all never liked it anyway the deeping i get into the it world and what i want to do with it the more i hate the idea of using windows ill get myself a cheap mini pc running win 7 to download package and that will do me linex here i come

• Ok maybe its the nameservice. Could you ping the nas with its name. What happend if you try to connect with the ip? Has your nas a firewall active that denys Port udp/137 (Netbios Name Service)? Or is the Windows Firewall active? Or has your Virus Scanner an own firewall solution? I don't think that you are running your own local dns server, am I right?

Thats the reason I access at home all devices over their ip. I don't want to even think about nameservices.

„Unsere Jugend ist heruntergekommen und zuchtlos. Die jungen Leute hören nicht mehr auf ihre Eltern. Das Ende der Welt ist nahe“ (Keilschrifttext, Chaldäa, um 2000 v. Chr.)

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von SYN-RST ()

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!