Wipe disk on raid5 (3.0.96)

• Hiya,
    I had pending sectors on /dev/sdb. Everything I've read says that you need to wipe a drive for the sectors to be freed.

It was part of a RAID6 array and the data isn't important particularly so I thought I'd just hit wipe in the physical disk menu and MD would just degrade it. This certainly seems to have wiped the disk but I didn't expect the next reboot to result in a corrupt file system, I thought it would just boot the disk from the array.

The array appeared as clean which was a shock. I began an FSCK until I thought that perhaps a rebuild might fix it.

So far I've run:

mdadm --manage --set-faulty /dev/md0 /dev/sdb
    mdadm --manage /dev/md0 -r /dev/sdb
    mdadm --manage /dev/md0 -a /dev/sdb

and the array is rebuilding... I don't know if it will or not but my question is mainly one of GUI and process.

If you select wipe on a physical disk and it is part of a raid array does OMV do anything to cater for this ? i.e. remove the disk from the array prior to wiping it and making it available for the recover menu to add it in again.

Does it prompt if you're going to wipe a disk ina RAID5 array that you'll lose redundancy ?

Just questions really.

Cheers
    Simon

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!