VirtualBox issue when create Virtual machine

• Hi everybody,

I install open media vault a month ago everything working fine.
    I give a try at VirtualBox pluggin on my omv.
    I am able to login to phpvirtualbox but not able to create the VDI (VirtualBox Disk Image)

it always pop me that error : Could not create the directory '/srv/dev-disk-by-label-BackupeT/trest' (VERR_ACCESS_DENIED)

I update right for vbox user to have read/write access, but still have the same issue.

Can someone show me how to deal with this or any how-to guide ?

Thanks

• Hey guys, it sounds like a permission issue for sure.

Assuming you've triple-checked that that vbox and xboxusers have full (including recursive) permissions - the only thing I can suggest is just enabling R/W for everything.
    I actually went as far as setting the folder to chmod -r 777 in the CLI.
    (which is obviously not recomended - but my NAS doesn't have any incoming access, you have to be on my internal network to access it in any way)

• I have the following problem:
    VirtualBox is installed in the services, I create a virtual machine in it and when starting the machine it gives an error:

What am I doing wrong??

?(

• Hey Serg,

I actually still have that same issue - I've replied to a thread here:
    https://forum.openmediavault.o…ine-error-during-startup/

I'd suggest you also reply to that one so that it can get some attention from someone as your issue is different to the one in the OP

------
    Crowley:
    Xeon X5670
    22GB DDR3 RAM
    1x 16TB Exos 1x 240gb Kingston A400 SSD, 1x 480gb Kingston A400 SSD
    OMV6 on top of Proxmox 7.1

Aziraphale:
    QNAP TS-431
    2x WD 3TB, 2x WD 2TB - basically a backup server for Odin

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!