Moiunt failed. "File too Large"

• Error message:

Code
    Failed to execute command 'export PATH=/bin:/sbin:/usr/bin:/usr/sbin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/local/sbin; export LANG=C; mount -v --source '/dev/dm-0' 2>&1' with exit code '32': mount: mount /dev/mapper/store-public on /srv/dev-disk-by-label-Venezia failed: File too large

Details:

Just got a Helios4 in the mail and spent the last two days making the RAID array. It's four 8TB drive in a RAID5 array, 21TB. Following Kobol's OMV directions, I installed the LVM plugin and created the physical volume, the volume group, and the logical volumes. I then created the file system, but when I try to mount it for the first time, I get the "File too large" error. If I backup a few steps and create two half sized logical volumes, I can successfully mount.

How can I get it to mount a 21TB volume?

• If one of your drives ever fails, all data is lost.
    And a drive *will* fail. The only question is 'when'.

So: Why do you want to create a raid?
    I suppose you want to combine the drives to one virtual large drive. For this I would recommend mergerfs. If one drive fails with mergerfs, you only lose the data on this drive.

Apart from that, you should have a backup strategy.

By the way: A real life example from my server:

Probability that at least one disk is going to fail in the next year is 42%.

Greetings,
    Hendrik

• Why do you want to create a raid?

Maybe since it's a concept that has been invented to withstand the fail of a single physical disk?

A RAID5 (while being a really horribly bad idea in 2018 with drives of this size) retains all data when one drive fails. Nothing more, nothing less. If you search for data protection as you correctly mentioned a backup strategy and a technical implementation is needed.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!