SMB Share not showing up in windows 10 anymore.

• Hello, I've had my OMV NAS up and running for almost an year, had my SMB share setup and emby server setup, everything was working fine. Last week all of a sudden my SMB shares wouldn't appear under networks, the emby server shows up as emby media device though. I can still connect to the NAS fine through browser and can access emby just fine from my other devices. I tried updating OMV to the latest release and the new kernal but smb still doesn't appear. smbstatus in cli gives me this result.

Samba version 4.2.14-Debian
    PID Username Group Machine Protocol Version
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Failed to initialize session_global: NT_STATUS_ACCESS_DENIED
    Service pid machine Connected at
    -------------------------------------------------------
    Failed to initialize session_global: NT_STATUS_ACCESS_DENIED
    Failed to traverse sessions: NT_STATUS_ACCESS_DENIED

Locked files:
    Pid Uid DenyMode Access R/W Oplock SharePath Name Time
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I should mention that I'm not in the same country as the NAS itself, I connect to a windows 10 pc on the same network as the nas to access the omv settings through browser and use shell in a box for direct access to the nas cli. so reinstalling OMV isn't really an option. Thanks for any help.

• Update: I can access the sever manually by entering the sever IP into File Explorer.

Also I made a mistake of logging into cli as a user account instead of root, under root, this is what I get for smbstatus

Samba version 4.2.14-Debian
    PID Username Group Machine Protocol Version
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    1229 Shura users 192.168.1.73 (ipv4:192.168.1.73:49716) SMB3_00
    Service pid machine Connected at
    -------------------------------------------------------
    Media 1229 192.168.1.73 Sun Feb 11 06:00:59 2018
    Locked files:
    Pid Uid DenyMode Access R/W Oplock SharePath Name Time
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    1229 1000 DENY_NONE 0x100081 RDONLY NONE /srv/dev-disk-by-label-Media Media/Videos Sun Feb 11 06:00:59 2018
    1229 1000 DENY_NONE 0x100081 RDONLY NONE /srv/dev-disk-by-label-Media Media/Videos Sun Feb 11 06:00:59 2018

• i had the same problem. Did all the steps in flmaxeys tutorial, but the server still doesn't show in my network. The good thing is, now I can add netdrives manually by entering the address of the server, which is fine for me.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!