Difference between installing OMV and installing Debian plus OMV

• Offizieller Beitrag

They are pretty much the same. You will probably end up with more packages when installing from the Debian ISO. Why do you want to use the Debian ISO? If you want to use the Debian ISO to install a desktop environment, I would recommend against that.

omv 7.0.5-1 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.8 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.1.4 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.4

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github - changelogs

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• Hi,
    thanks for the reply.

The reason ist quite simple. I have a running debian installation with some packages i want to keep. So, it's easier to install OMV on top instead of doig a clean installation and lots of configuration afterwards.
    Also, installation on the HP microserver is a little bit tricky if you don't want to waste a HDD for the OS but have as SSD attached. YOu have to copy GRUB and so.
    But maybe it's time for fresh intallation. Let's see. It's still in planng phase ;)

No desktop environment is installed.

Best regards,

• Offizieller Beitrag

Installing OMV on your existing install should work fine as long as the packages you are using don't conflict with OMV. Just a warning, if it is a service that OMV normally controls, the configs will be completely over-written.

omv 7.0.5-1 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.8 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.1.4 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.4

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github - changelogs

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!