New installation: Best way to preserve raid and shares?

• I have upgraded from 2.x to 3.x. This worked fine, except for the GUI, which is not working anymore. So I got the recommendation to make a clean install. This is what I wanted to avoid, because I would have to setup all the shares, users, etc again.

What will also happen with my Raid1? Will the new installation recognize this or will I have to set up a new raid? What will happen to the content of these 2 disks? Will it be still acessible?

How would you do this new install step-by-step to keep (transfer) as much as possible from my settings?

• There is no way to transfer anything between an existing installation to a new installation, other than by using documentation. Every setting must be configured from scratch by hand. How well this turns out depends on the quality and completeness of your notes about the existing install, any screenshots of it you have taken, etc.

You can make a copy of the existing install's config.xml for reference purposes, but it can not be imported into another installation with the expectation that it this will work.

Since your upgrade from 2.x to 3.x worked fine except for a broken GUI, you should try your hardest to repair that before giving up.

--
    Google is your friend and Bob's your uncle!

OMV AMD64 7.x on headless Chenbro NR12000 1U 1x 8m Quad Core E3-1220 3.1GHz 32GB ECC RAM.

• by the way: is 4.x stable already? Because while I am going through the hassle I might just go the next step as well to have some time without any upgrade.

I am running 4.x and have had no problems with it so far.

Before committing to a 4.x install, you should review your use of plugins and confirm which ones are available on OMV 4.x and which are not.

For those that are unavailable on 4.x, you will have to decide how important they are to you and what you are willing to do to get those programs running on 4.x. Your choices are essentially: run dockers, manually install the programs if they and any required dependencies are compatible with OMV, or use an alternative program that does have a 4.x plugin.

Yes, a fresh install seems to be the most often recommendation.

I started with OMV 2.x, upgraded it to 3.x, and then upgraded again to 4.x. If I could not have upgraded and was forced to do a fresh install each time, I would have stuck with 2.x. The upgrade from 2.x to 3.x was highly challenging and it took several tries to get it completed. The upgrade from 3.x to 4.x was uneventful.

Good luck.

--
    Google is your friend and Bob's your uncle!

OMV AMD64 7.x on headless Chenbro NR12000 1U 1x 8m Quad Core E3-1220 3.1GHz 32GB ECC RAM.

• So I am currently investigating this.

I found this approach and went for it: https://www.unixmen.com/how-i-…nx-502-bad-gateway-error/

When trying to restart nginx I got an error message and then went for "systemctl status nginx.service". And this came out: Unfortunately I don't really understand what it means, so I will have to do some investigation on that too.

• Offizieller Beitrag

As mentioned on your other thread, there is probably a conflict with apache.

omv 7.0.5-1 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.5 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.11 | compose 7.1.3 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0 | mergerfs 7.0.3

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github - changelogs

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• Thanks @ Ryecoaaron, I'll be looking into this apache issue.

I am now wondering if it wouldn't be more sensible to go straight to 4.x and see what problems appear there. I don't know if I should fix this problem first in 3.x or rather go to 4.x and see what problems will appear there?

I was also checking on the plugins, as @gderf suggested and I noticed that the USB-Backup plugin doesn't exit for both, 3.x and 4.x. Has this moved into core? this is the main plugin I am using to make my offsite backups every week.
    http://omv-extras.org/joomla/i…hp/omv-plugins-3/3-stable

• Offizieller Beitrag

I am now wondering if it wouldn't be more sensible to go straight to 4.x

I would use 4.x.

I noticed that the USB-Backup plugin doesn't exit for both, 3.x and 4.x.

openmediavault-usbbackup is a core plugin and always has been. openmediavault-backup is an omv-extras plugin but wouldn't make offsite backups. Looking at my OMV 4.x installs, the usbbackup plugin is in the list.

omv 7.0.5-1 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.5 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.11 | compose 7.1.3 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0 | mergerfs 7.0.3

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github - changelogs

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• OK, so I ran the upgrade to 4.x. Seemed to run all fine, can connect to the shares, etc. But I am still running into the same problem as before with the GUI (502 Bad Gateway).

At the end of the process, I got the following error messages:

So there seems to be a problem with openmediavault and php7.0-fpm, correct?

Any suggestions?

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!