OMV Stops working on Odroid c2 after about 5 minutes

• I installed OMV on my odroid c2 from the Sourceforge page. I used etcher to write it to the emmc that I got with my odroid. When I plug everything in and start it, it works just fine and I can access it from my browser. After about 5 minutes though, It loses connection and I can no longer connect to it. I looked on the router's page and it's not connected to the network. Un-plugging it and plugging it back in does not work and redoing the emmc does the exact same thing, it works for about 5 minutes and stops. It has now been powered up and plugged into the router for almost an hour and still won't work.Image Source

• OMV on my odroid c2

With an older image there was a problem when the router / DHCP server was IPv6 capable. I thought that we'd fixed this on latest image but at least this would be worth a look and try. In case your router also takes care of IPv6 try to temporarely disable this, burn image again, boot and see what happens.

OMV will reboot itself one time automatically and this IPv6 bug led to no network after reboot due to screwed up /etc/network/interfaces file.

• With an older image there was a problem when the router / DHCP server was IPv6 capable. I thought that we'd fixed this on latest image but at least this would be worth a look and try. In case your router also takes care of IPv6 try to temporarely disable this, burn image again, boot and see what happens.

OMV will reboot itself one time automatically and this IPv6 bug led to no network after reboot due to screwed up /etc/network/interfaces file.

Thanks for the help. I will try this as I do believe the router had ipv6.

Sent from my VS988 using Tapatalk

• I have the exact same problem. Reinstalled the image and tried it again to no avail.
    The Odroid just loses the network connection and isn't responding any more. The yellow network led stays dead.
    It seems like i am not able to turn of IPv6 on my router as it is some ISP restricted hardware garbage. Is there any other workaround?

• Is there any other workaround?

Grab 'Debian server – legacy kernel' from here: https://www.armbian.com/odroid-c2/

Then follow normal procedure to login as root:1234 as by the documentation: https://docs.armbian.com/User-…#how-to-prepare-a-sd-card

Then as root do an 'apt update' followed by an 'apt upgrade' and then call 'armbian-config' --> 'Software' --> softy --> 'Install OMV'. Will take some time on a slow SD card, with a Hardkernel eMMC it's done in few minutes...

• Grab 'Debian server – legacy kernel' from here: https://www.armbian.com/odroid-c2/
    Then follow normal procedure to login as root:1234 as by the documentation: https://docs.armbian.com/User-…#how-to-prepare-a-sd-card

Then as root do an 'apt update' followed by an 'apt upgrade' and then call 'armbian-config' --> 'Software' --> softy --> 'Install OMV'. Will take some time on a slow SD card, with a Hardkernel eMMC it's done in few minutes...

Thx for the reply. I tried to do it that way but when i got to the point where armbian was supposed to 'Install OMV' the screen went blue for about 5 seconds and then nothing happened.
    I got the original Odroid C2 image to run with an old router i found somewhere in the dungeon i call my home. Apparently that thing doesn't support IPv6. So i connected the Odroid and my laptop to it and changed the Interface to DHCP for IPv4 and Disabled for IPv6. Now the Odroid has been running for about an hour and it seems to work.

Only the reboot option doesn't seem to work. Every time i try to reboot the device isn't responding any more. Just a physical reboot seems to fix this.

• I do confirm this problem still exists too on this version of OMV for Odroid C2: OMV_3_0_88_Odroidc2_3.14.79.img
    The only way to bypass the problem is to disable IPV6 on your router, flash your SD again, and install a brand new OMV.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!