Mods please help - OMV on Buffalo LS-WVL

• Offizieller Beitrag

That makes even less sense. If you look at syslog on the log tab, does it say anything to give you a clue?

omv 7.0.4-2 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.5 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.10 | compose 7.1.2 | k8s 7.0-6 | cputemp 7.0 | mergerfs 7.0.3

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• Nothing in Syslog.

I think its best I try and reinstall from scratch Would I lose my data if I reinstall Debian or the Stock Firmware?

Edit:

I rebooted the device, and the mount point /data1 and the shares associated with it dropped off after the reboot.

This is what I found in Syslog

Mar 13 15:14:29 Link-Media monit[764]: 'mountpoint_srv_dev-disk-by-label-data1' status failed (1) -- /srv/dev-disk-by-label-data1 is not a mountpoint

Had to manually unmount in a SSH terminal and mount it again from within the OMV GUI. Now everything is back online.

• Offizieller Beitrag

Can you please let me know if there is any other info required?

What is the output of: ls -al /srv/

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.10 | compose 7.1.2 | k8s 7.0-6 | cputemp 7.0 | mergerfs 7.0.3

• What is the output of: ls -al /srv/

@ryecoaaron, here you go.

root@Link-Media:~# ls -al /srv/
    total 20
    drwxr-xr-x 5 root root 4096 Jan 25 16:35 .
    drwxr-xr-x 25 root root 4096 Jan 20 18:35 ..
    drwxr-xr-x 5 root root 4096 Nov 4 2016 dev-disk-by-id-ata-ST31000528AS_6VP1BTFK-part1
    drwxr-xr-x 7 root root 4096 Nov 4 2016 dev-disk-by-label-data1
    drwxr-xr-x 2 ftp nogroup 4096 Jan 20 18:01 ftp

• Offizieller Beitrag

The mountpoint is there. What does the following command output (should be nothing if it works): sudo mount -a

• Offizieller Beitrag

Sounds like they are trying to mount during boot but a service necessary to mount them has not started yet. Hard to say what it is though.

• Offizieller Beitrag

@ryecoaaron, thanks for that.
    This has resulted in a very unreliable setup, what are my options to fix this?

I would consider going back to the original firmware. Does the original fw provides ssh access? If yes then you should consider to script the actions from qnap ups software when power goes off, like ssh into buffalo and shutdown. To power it back on a wol packet can be sent.

I don’t know what qnap uses as ups software but reading through nut doc all of these seems possible. Does qnap uses nut?

• I would consider going back to the original firmware. Does the original fw provides ssh access? If yes then you should consider to script the actions from qnap ups software when power goes off, like ssh into buffalo and shutdown. To power it back on a wol packet can be sent.
    I don’t know what qnap uses as ups software but reading through nut doc all of these seems possible. Does qnap uses nut?

Thanks @subzero79

The QNAP is indeed compatible with NUT, but the Buffalo is not. I am unable install NUT on the Buffalo because the debian version is outdated and unsupported.

The Buffalo Original Firmware Allows SSH Access, but I don't know anything about writing a script to shut down the Buffalo from the Qnap.

Can help me out there?

• I had this issue and ran

Code
    $ omv-mkconf fstab

and it fixed my issue. I also had everything correct in the /etc/fstab /etc/monit/*.conf etc. I guess there are otther Files where this is, maybe a database or something that was wrong as well.

I is the quizat haderach
    --
    OMV 4.x - Raspi 4 4g 4tb R1

• I own an LS-WVL too. I just want to respond to Issue 2 of the OP. You can change the SHUTDOWNCMD to `shutdown -H +0` to prevent the NAS from rebooting, as with the default `shutdown -h +0` command. `shutdown -H` halts the NAS box; and if you run the command manually, you'll have to power cycle it in order for the power switch on the back of the NAS box to work again. However, in the case of a prolonged power outage, the UPS does it automatically for you.

Code
    # cd /etc/default/
    # cp -p openmediavault openmediavault.original
    # echo 'OMV_NUT_UPSMON_SHUTDOWNCMD="/sbin/shutdown -H +0"' >> openmediavault
    # monit restart omv-engined
    # omv-mkconf nut
    # systemctl restart nut-monitor

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!