Problems with registration and network connection

• Hey,
    before talking about my problem(s), I want to excuse my english and admit, that I´m a total software and linux noob . Let´s go: After I had put together my Nas and had installed omw I tried to manually log in right at the server because the system said "no network connection" and that seemed to be the best idea according to some guides on the Internet. But as I was typing the password my keyboard wouldn´t let me do this. So maybe it´s just a simple thing. Please help me!

• Do you want to login as 'root' to the local console? Then simply enter the right password :) and press Return. The password is not shown at the console.

When you are logged in, type omv-firstaid and then <1> to configure your network interface. Have you entered a DNS server in the OVM configuration? That is important.

OMV 3.0.100 (Gray style)

ASRock Rack C2550D4I C0-stepping - 16GB ECC - 6x WD RED 3TB (ZFS 2x3 Striped RaidZ1) - Fractal Design Node 304 -

3x WD80EMAZ Snapraid / MergerFS-pool via eSATA - 4-Bay ICYCube MB561U3S-4S with fan-mod

• If the keyboard worked during the installation, it should work after OMV first reboots.

Hi @flmaxey I am quite sure that this is not a hardware problem ;)

OMV 3.0.100 (Gray style)

ASRock Rack C2550D4I C0-stepping - 16GB ECC - 6x WD RED 3TB (ZFS 2x3 Striped RaidZ1) - Fractal Design Node 304 -

3x WD80EMAZ Snapraid / MergerFS-pool via eSATA - 4-Bay ICYCube MB561U3S-4S with fan-mod

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!