Cannot connect to FTP

• Hello,

I installed OMV and enabled FTP, I added a shared folder whcich I enabled in the FTP page, and granted the user Read and Write privileges on the shraed folder.

I tried connecting via SFTP with Filezilla and it says authentication failure. I am able to connect with root login. Please help me out.

• Offizieller Beitrag

With FIlezilla you should be able to connect even without FTP server enabled on OMV.
    At least that is the case on my installation. WIth root as well as another user which is memeber of the ssh group. Might be that is the problem. Is the user you are trying member of the ssh group?

• FTP and SFTP are two different things and use two different daemons. The OP needs to be more clear about what he is trying to do.

--
    Google is your friend and Bob's your uncle!

OMV AMD64 7.x on headless Chenbro NR12000 1U 1x 8m Quad Core E3-1220 3.1GHz 32GB ECC RAM.

• Hello thank you for your answers.

When I try to connect over FTP with Filezilla using the credentials for the only existing user in OMV, I get an ECONNREFUSED - Connexion refused by the server error.

• I was able to connect via sftp after adding my user to the ssh group, thank you macom ! However, I had to set my user as owner of the shared folder in order to access it, although my user had read and write permissions on this folder. Why is that ?
    Also, I am wondering why I am unable to connect via FTP.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!