Start alternative Clonezilla iso

• OMV 4.x (testing)
    • Start alternative Clonezilla iso

I'd like to ask where it's configured that the specified clonezilla iso is booted when clicking the 'Reboot to Clonezilla once' button.

The old Clonezilla iso that comes with the OMV-Extras unfortunately isn't working for me. I'm aware that newer versions don't bring up the network after booting out of the box, but I have modified a newer testing iso, as stated in the Clonezilla docs, to match my local IP setup and this works pretty good. Then I've copied the new iso to /boot/ and renamed it to the old. That's working atm. However I consider this renaming thing to be a dirty hack and would love to access the iso by its true name/ version... that way I won't forget about my modifications as well.
      So can anyone tell me where to find the config for the 'reboot button'

Thanks for your efforts,
    • Stramm wrote:

So can anyone tell me where to find the config for the 'reboot button'
      Unfortunately, to get the changed ISO to work with omv-extras, it would require changing omv-extras. If you did that on just your system, the changes would be overwritten by an update. If you just want the grub menu entry, copy /etc/grub.d/42_clonezilla to /etc/grub.d/43_whatever and you can probably tell what to modify in that file.
      omv 4.1.1 arrakis | 64 bit | 4.14 backports kernel | omvextrasorg 4.1.2 plugins source code and issue tracker -

Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!
    • Thanks for the clarification... I already was afraid of something like that and stay with the modded and renamed Clonezilla iso. Just as a reference for others who have also problems with their old Clonezilla version here's what I did:

1. OMV-Extras - > Kernel -> Install Clonezilla
      2. Download a for you working Clonezilla iso (I tried the testing clonezilla-live-2.5.5-27-amd64.iso)
      3. Extract some files from the iso
      - /EFI/boot/grub.cfg
      - /syslinux/isolinux.cfg
      - /syslinux/syslinux.cfg

Just one of these files needs to be modified to add additional info to the Clonezilla boot.

grub.cfg, if you have a UEFI based system, isolinux.cfg if booting from a CD and syslinux.cfg if you're booting from a USB drive/ stick. If you do not know what to mod, go with grub.cfg and syslinux.cfg, that should do in most cases.

Within these files find the default menu entry

Source Code

1. MENU LABEL Clonezilla live (Default settings, VGA 800x600)

the next IP= a few lines below replace with eg.

Source Code

1. ip=eth0:192.168.x.x: ocs_daemonon="ssh"
      You need to adapt this to fit into your needs ->> :IP:NETMASK:GATEWAY:DNS

Replace the files with the modded ones within the iso and save the iso.

In a cli

Source Code

1. rm /boot/clonezilla-live-2.3.2-22-i686-pae.iso
      Copy the modded iso into /boot and raname it to clonezilla-live-2.3.2-22-i686-pae.iso

As last step we take care of permissions

Source Code

1. chown root:root /boot/clonezilla-live-2.3.2-22-i686-pae.iso
      2. chmod 644 clonezilla-live-2.3.2-22-i686-pae.iso

That's it. Now you can boot into a new Clonezilla version from within OMV admin.
      The IP is the one you've chosen above, user and password are user:live
      Once logged in you need to
      sudo clonezilla
      to bring up the Clonezilla interface.
    • Users Online 1

1 Guest