Secure OMV 3 with the firewall

• Hi here,

I tried to secure my NAS and therefore set up some rules in the firewall.
    Now I ran a docker with eclipse/che and it was reachable via 8080, but this rule is not set in the firewall section.
    I added a screenshot.

Btw: The last rule was my idea and is currently not applied. This is because I'm afraid of locking myself out. Is the firewall read from top to bottom until a rule matches? If yes, this rule would solve the problem, right?

With best regards
    LouBen3010

• Is your OMV machine directly connected to the internet and does it have a routable public IP address? If not there is not much point to using OMV's firewall.

--
    Google is your friend and Bob's your uncle!

OMV AMD64 7.x on headless Chenbro NR12000 1U 1x 8m Quad Core E3-1220 3.1GHz 32GB ECC RAM.

• Not it's not directly connected.
    I have a router between my ISP and the OMV.
    But I have a DynDNS and this routes nas.domain.de to my router.

My idea was, that maybe the router can have some leaks in its own firewall and with this (duplicate) I would achieve more security.

Is this non-sense?

• I think it's nonsense. But if your router has such leaks, stop using it and get a better one.

--
    Google is your friend and Bob's your uncle!

OMV AMD64 7.x on headless Chenbro NR12000 1U 1x 8m Quad Core E3-1220 3.1GHz 32GB ECC RAM.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!