How to fix fuse "ntfs-3g: transport endpoint not connected" error?

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• How to fix fuse "ntfs-3g: transport endpoint not connected" error?

Hello everyone,

I'm writing here because I do not know what to do anymore.
      I've read through various forums, blogs, tutorials and how-to's about how to configure various packages for auto-mounting and auto-unmounting USB devices (hot-plugging and hot-unplugging.)

Methods I've tried so far:
      1. AutoFS
      2. usbmount
      3. /etc/fstab systemd automount
      4. udev rules, in fact, all of this

I've configured each method accordingly, and with every method I'm running into the same problem.
      Now I un-did all the above methods and decided I will got with usbmount. I've edited the configuration file according to this thread.
      When mounted, the mount point looks like this:

[IMG:https://i.imgur.com/xOZ57v2.png]

When I try to access the mounted partition on usb or usb0, I'm getting the following error message:

[IMG:blob:https://imgur.com/4bd2623a-604c-4fc3-be39-390f3dd50318][IMG:https://i.imgur.com/NyVTk37.png]

I've read here, here and here that it is / was a fuse issue - but I still got the issue with any NTFS drive. I have fuse 2.8.3 installed.

Do I have to update some packages? If yes, how?

Thanks for any help!

- Noneatme
      Your's Sincerely

My NAS: OVM 3.x, 2x 3TB WD Red | Daily backup using rsync | Runing 24/7 for 3 years now without any failures :)
    • Source Code

1. # Configuration file for the usbmount package, which mounts removable
      2. # storage devices when they are plugged in and unmounts them when they
      3. # are removed.
      4. # Change to zero to disable usbmount
      5. ENABLED=1
      6. # Mountpoints: These directories are eligible as mointpoints for
      7. # removable storage devices. A newly plugged in device is mounted on
      8. # the first directory in this list that exists and on which nothing is
      9. # mounted yet.
      10. MOUNTPOINTS="/media/usb0 /media/usb1 /media/usb2 /media/usb3
      11. /media/usb4 /media/usb5 /media/usb6 /media/usb7"
      12. # Filesystem types: removable storage devices are only mounted if they
      13. # contain a filesystem type which is in this list.
      14. FILESYSTEMS="vfat ntfs fuseblk ext2 ext3 ext4 hfsplus"
      15. #############################################################################
      16. # WARNING! #
      17. # #
      18. # The "sync" option may not be a good choice to use with flash drives, as #
      19. # it forces a greater amount of writing operating on the drive. This makes #
      20. # the writing speed considerably lower and also leads to a faster wear out #
      21. # of the disk. #
      22. # #
      23. # If you omit it, don't forget to use the command "sync" to synchronize the #
      24. # data on your disk before removing the drive or you may experience data #
      25. # loss. #
      26. # #
      27. # It is highly recommended that you use the pumount command (as a regular #
      28. # user) before unplugging the device. It makes calling the "sync" command #
      29. # and mounting with the sync option unnecessary---this is similar to other #
      30. # operating system's "safely disconnect the device" option. #
      31. #############################################################################
      32. # Mount options: Options passed to the mount command with the -o flag.
      33. # See the warning above regarding removing "sync" from the options.
      34. MOUNTOPTIONS="sync,noexec,nodev,noatime,nodiratime"
      35. # Filesystem type specific mount options: This variable contains a space
      36. # separated list of strings, each which the form "-fstype=TYPE,OPTIONS".
      37. #
      38. # If a filesystem with a type listed here is mounted, the corresponding
      39. # options are appended to those specificed in the MOUNTOPTIONS variable.
      40. #
      41. # For example, "-fstype=vfat,gid=floppy,dmask=0007,fmask=0117" would add
      42. # the options "gid=floppy,dmask=0007,fmask=0117" when a vfat filesystem
      43. # is mounted.
      44. FS_MOUNTOPTIONS="-fstype=ntfs-3g,nls=utf8,umask=007,gid=46 -fstype=fuseblk,nls=utf8,umask=007,gid=46 -fstype=vfat,gid=1000,uid=1000,umask=007"
      45. # If set to "yes", more information will be logged via the syslog
      46. # facility.
      47. VERBOSE=no
      Display All
      /Edit:
      The USB Drive I want to mount:

Source Code

1. Disk /dev/sdd: 58.9 GiB, 63216549888 bytes, 123469824 sectors
      2. Units: sectors of 1 * 512 = 512 bytes
      3. Sector size (logical/physical): 512 bytes / 512 bytes
      4. I/O size (minimum/optimal): 512 bytes / 512 bytes
      5. Disklabel type: dos
      6. Disk identifier: 0x00c558b0
      7. Device Boot Start End Sectors Size Id Type
      8. /dev/sdd1 * 2048 123469823 123467776 58.9G 7 HPFS/NTFS/exFAT
      Also a side note:
      I can use fusermount -u usb0 to fix the broken mount point. But then, the mount point is gone. E.g. endless symlink referring usb0 => usb0
      Your's Sincerely

My NAS: OVM 3.x, 2x 3TB WD Red | Daily backup using rsync | Runing 24/7 for 3 years now without any failures :)
    • I've tried as you suggested, but the same error message occurs. That doesn't surprised me, because I think I've tried that already some days ago. Yes, I'm trying to figure out this error since 2 DAYS ALREADY and I'm really upset.
      I believe something is preventing the mounting of the device to that mountpoint. I don't know if omv is doing something in the background when plugging the device in, maybe ghost-mounting or something? I don't know.
      I don't know where to start and I don't know where to look because I have absolutely no idea what might causes this issue. I've tried almost everything! Using custom udev rules, mounting with read-only, mounting with different options.

It works when I mount the device by hand using $ mount /dev/sdc1 /media/usb1.
      So I really don't know what the hell these packages and automount tools (e.g. usbmount) are doing is doing in order to screw the mountpoint up that much.
      Your's Sincerely

• Users Online 1

1 Guest