Drives are not showing under RAID

• I have a helios4 with 2 x WD Red HDDs of the same type and size (NASWare 2 & 3) and none of those drives show up under the RAID section in OMV. They both show up under file systems as ext4. I tried wiping one of them, but it made no difference. I tried them both mounted and unmounted, no luck. Tried different kernels including 4.14.17, 4.14.18 etc.

Anybody has any bloody idea how to make this piece of ... work???

Thanks!

• Thanks again. It works for the empty drive, however I do not want to wipe the other drive as it has the data I want to mirror. Is there a way to keep the data and start RAID?

• Offizieller Beitrag

Is not possible to initialize a md raid and keep the existing data. Raid creates a new block device, on top of that device you format all data is erased.

If you want to keep the data you need then need to create a degraded mirror in terminal one drive only. Format and start moving data from the old disk to the degrade array. once finished delete the fs in the old disk and add it to the mirror. This is also done in terminal.

Btrfs adds a little bit more flexibility. As you can start with single disk and add another one and convert to mirror.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!