Which solution would be best for me? (2 drives)

• I already have 2 hard drives available to use. One inside an old NAS (which I'm replacing) and one inside a Vantec USB 2.0 enclosure with it's own power source (not being used at the moment)

Option 1: Odroid HC-2. One drive connected via SATA and one drive connected via USB. The HC-2, and power supply would cost $131 (Canadian) in total

Option 2: Rock64. Both drives would have to be connected via USB. The board + power + shipping would be $83 (Canadian) in total.

All I need is a NAS for file serving, and I'm not planning on a Plex server. I also don't need/want anything fancy like RAID. It's over kill for my purposes.

• depending how much client will connect simultaneously
    I used omv as file sharing (SMB) and as TimeMachine on a raspi2 with 2 usbdrives for 5users without issues
    except at the beginning of the TimeMachine which I had to ask user to leave their laptop over night and/or during the weekends for the 1st synchro but after that, even after two years, never eared about it and they still my client for others projects ;)

• depending how much client will connect simultaneously
    I used omv as file sharing (SMB) and as TimeMachine on a raspi2 with 2 usbdrives for 5users without issues
    except at the beginning of the TimeMachine which I had to ask user to leave their laptop over night and/or during the weekends for the 1st synchro but after that, even after two years, never eared about it and they still my client for others projects ;)

99% of the time, 1 connection. At the very odd time, 2.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!