MySQL no root access

• Offizieller Beitrag

With OMV 4.x/mariadb, the idea is to not allow password login with mysql as root. If you execute mysql as the root user or use sudo, it should just login. This is a security feature and why the omvadmin user is created so you can login with a password (for scripting or other reasons). I don't see any reason to change the behavior of the root user.

omv 7.0.4-2 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.5 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.10 | compose 7.1.2 | k8s 7.0-6 | cputemp 7.0 | mergerfs 7.0.3

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• I also had some problems getting back into MySQL after upgrading from OMV 3.x to OMV 4.x, due to the creation of a new file /etc/mysql/mariadb.conf.d/99-openmeidavault-mysql.cnf

During the upgrade there was an error which caused it to pause, for want of a particular directory to write a file, so I created the directory manually. I recall it related to mariadb; it may have been /etc/mysql/mariadb.conf.d/
    After upgrade MyWebSQL and mysql were back to their default access (root:no password) and my databases were not visible as my custom datadir was not being passed from the GUI. I found my GUI Extra Options had been moved (from /etc/mysql/conf.d/mysql.cnf?) to /etc/mysql/mariadb.conf.d/99-openmeidavault-mysql.cnf,
    I resolved it by appending to /etc/mysql/mysql.cnf the line:
    !includedir /etc/mysql/mariadb.conf.d/

I suspect this is something to do with Debian 9's change of default db from MySQL to mariadb, aided and abetted by my misguided attempt to get the upgrade to complete.

Anyway, all good now with the extra line above :)

KnobblySnail

OMV6 on Asrock E3C224D2I, Xeon E3-1230Lv3, 8Gb, WD Red 3Tb x3 zfs, 120GB Samsung EVO mSATA, CoolerMaster V550S, in a Fractal Design Node 304

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!