OMV iSCSI Client and LVM?

• I'm wanting to upgrade my v2 (Stone Burner) to v3. I understand I need to verify that the plugins I use in v2 need to be available for v3 before proceeding. I'm surprised to see no iSCSI Target plugin or LVM2 plugin. A couple questions:
    1) Is that to say, v3 does not provide iSCSI target services?
    2) does v3 have iSCSI initiator so I can still mount my storage located on an iSCSI target?
    3) does v3 *NOT* have LVM at all? That seems very odd - thinking it might be built in and does not require a plugin?

• Sometimes plugins that once were in omvextras.org are brought into core OMV. So if you are looking at omvextras.org for an LVM plugin, you won't find it - it's now a core capability - just enable the plugin.

I don't know what's happening with iscsi other than there is no omvextras.org plugin for it at all, and I do not see one in core OMV 4.x. No idea what's in OMV 3.x. I seem to remember reading something about kernel compatibility and iscsi. But since I don't use it myself, I didn't pay any attention to it. Google might turn something up.

--
    Google is your friend and Bob's your uncle!

OMV AMD64 7.x on headless Chenbro NR12000 1U 1x 8m Quad Core E3-1220 3.1GHz 32GB ECC RAM.

• Offizieller Beitrag

On my 3.0.97 I have both lvm and iscsi plugins available. How are you not seeing them? They are both omv built in plugins. Maybe your /etc/apt/ is not correct?

According to this http://bugtracker.openmediavault.org/view.php?id=1756 iscsi may not be maintained anymore. Probably still works, I don't use it. I do use lvm.

• On my 3.0.97 I have both lvm and iscsi plugins available. How are you not seeing them? They are both omv built in plugins. Maybe your /etc/apt/ is not correct?

According to this http://bugtracker.openmediavault.org/view.php?id=1756 iscsi may not be maintained anymore. Probably still works, I don't use it. I do use lvm.

If they are core plugins they are not available on omvextras.org.

If you have not yet installed OMV 3.x, you can't see that they are in core :)

--
    Google is your friend and Bob's your uncle!

OMV AMD64 7.x on headless Chenbro NR12000 1U 1x 8m Quad Core E3-1220 3.1GHz 32GB ECC RAM.

• On my 3.0.97 I have both lvm and iscsi plugins available. How are you not seeing them? They are both omv built in plugins. Maybe your /etc/apt/ is not correct?

I was looking on extras *BEFORE* I attempted any upgrade (as the upgrade recommendations say to do). If they've been rolled in, how am I to know what's in the core in preparation of an upgrade?

This has been answered several times in the forum.

About lvm I don’t know why it doesn’t show in your server but is still available and maintained.

Sorry - did some preliminary searching but must have overlooked that detail
    because I haven't installed v3 yet - I was doing my upgrade due diligence.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!