Remote Mount Plugin - Delay for mounting possible?

• Hi everybody,

I am using the remote mount plugin to mount a cloud storage space (Strato HiDrive) via smb/cifs. Because of security reasons, it is only possible to do this when you are connected via OpenVPN to Strato.
    The OpenVPN connection is established after booting via /etc/rc.local and works well. But the problem is, that the remote folder is not getting mounted - i think because the VPN connection is not yet established.

Is it somehow possible that the plugin uses a delay? Or does this plugin only creates the fstab entries? Or are there any other ideas how to archive what I want? A cronjob doing a "mount -a" every minute is not what I want because it would interfer when I disconnect mounts because of a scheduled downtime or so.

Best regards

• Offizieller Beitrag

The plugin just creates fstab entries. So, if you can find a way to delay an fstab entry by adding something to the options, this is about the only way you could do what you want.

omv 7.0.4-2 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.5 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.10 | compose 7.1.2 | k8s 7.0-6 | cputemp 7.0 | mergerfs 7.0.3

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• Offizieller Beitrag

The vpn connection should be established properly using a systemd unit, not using rc.local. Fix that first, then I would suggest to install systemd backports so you can make the mount fstab entry depend on the OpenVPN unit.

https://www.freedesktop.org/so…md/man/systemd.mount.html

The systemd backport is required because some of those directives don’t work with the default systemd of Jessie.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!