Wakealarm only wakes once

• I'm running the latest OMV Arrakis together with the autoshutdown and wakealarm plugins. I configured autoshutdown in a way that it shuts the NAS down after some time of inactivity and wakealarm should wake the NAS up some hours later.

This sequence works exactly one time, that means:
    - manually start the NAS
    - autoshutdown shuts it down
    - wakealarm wakes it up
    - autoshutdown shuts it down
    - NAS never wakes up again

Every time I execute date -d @$(cat /sys/class/rtc/rtc0/wakealarm) it shows me the correct time on the correct day, athough I never had a look immediately before shutting the NAS down. So waking up by RTC is generally working, but anything happens after the first wakeup of the second shutdown.

How can I debug this? Does anyone else have this problem?

• I think I solved it now. I made the following changes in /usr/sbin/wakealarm:

Code
    import subprocess
  • Yes, I know. The advantage of the wakealarm plugin is that it is very comfortable to have more than only a few wakeup times and you can adjust the times easily. Using the scheduled jobs does not offer that comfort.

Edit:
    And it doesn't explain why the stock version or my version above don't work.

• Yes, I know. The advantage of the wakealarm plugin is that it is very comfortable to have more than only a few wakeup times and you can adjust the times easily. Using the scheduled jobs does not offer that comfort.

Edit:
    And it doesn't explain why the stock version or my version above don't work.

I am in your same situation.

Wakealarm only works the first time after the shut down. The rtcwake workaround works every time, but it is more comfortable to scheduled it from the plugin as in my case it depends from weekdays/weekends and between months so I have to change it quite frequently-

omv 5.5.23-1 usul arm64

omv 5.5.23-1 usul x64

• I had a similar problem with the wakealarm plug-in.
    Although the test of the rtcwake command by a root-terminal was positive, the scheduled wake-alarms didn’t work. Obviously it was no fault of the wakealarm plug-in, because controlling the rtc setting with cat /proc/driver/rtc showed, the alarm time and date was set according to the specified wake-alarms.

Scheduled Jobs didn’t work either.
    The command rtcwake -m no -t $(date -d "tomorrow 03:25" +%s) via root-terminal worked fine, but not as a scheduled job.

My solution was changing the shutdown command in the AutoShutdown Plug-in from "suspend" / "Unterbrechen" / S3 to "hibernate" / "Ruhezustand" / S4. After that 3 of 4 specified wake-alarms (for daily, weekly and monthly backups) worked properly. As yet I had no chance to test the yearly wake-alarm.

Software Versions:
    OpenMediaVault 4.1.8.2-1
    autoshutdown plug-in 4.0.4
    wakealarm plug-in 4.0

• @lentorello

In my case ASD always shuts the PC down (S5, "Herunterfahren").
    If I execute rtcwake -m no -u -t $(date -d '19:30 tomorrow' +%s) as scheduled job in OMV the PC wakes up fine every day. But it doesn't if I disable this job and let wakealarm do its work, although I didn't change anything in autoshutdown.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!