2018 NAS and plex server issues resolved Raspberry pi

• So I spent the last 4 days following tutorials from youtube and this thread. I probably ran into every issue possible mostly because I have no idea what I'm doing I finally got it up and running so I'm going to post this in hopes it helps beginners like me.

ryecoaaron post is as close as possible to setting it up: It's what I followed and below are the changes. I believe these changes are due to updates in the software.

1. After inserting the SD card and turning the pi on leave it be. I don't know how long it takes but it automatically updates, this may take a while. Seriously leave it for like 30 minutes (I'll explain later)

2.Only thing you need from your pi is the ip address. Everything else is done from pc. Open a browser and input the ip address

3. Change password and time zone. Do not change the NTP server

4. follow instructions (you should not need to do the update as it will automatically from step 1) until you get to file systems and create new. Here you'll see your devices. The format needs to be EXT4. If not, the device needs to be deleted. Once deleted now create the partition and ensure EXT4 is the format. After that follow all instructions and it should work flawlessly.

5. Turn plex server on from OMV extras

6. Add plug in from plug ins

7. reboot pi

8. Go to plex Media server under services and settings Click enable, Select the database volume of the file that was formatted. I enabled Show tab containing Web Client frame.

That's how I got mine working.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!