e350m1/usb3 5xsata does that work?

• Hi,

This board apparatantly has/had several openmediavault users, so maybe someone tried the following:

this board has 4x sata + 1x esata, can i use them all at once, or does the esata share a port somehow? the manual and the internet were inconclusive, so i guess it should work, but before i buy a esata to sata cable.........

anyone?

• Yes you can and its supports port multiplier.. I have used it for this and it certainly worked for me. Before installing OMV, ensure you enter the BIOS and set the drives to AHCI.

HP N54L Microserver, 20Gb Intel SSD, 4Gb RAM runing OMV 4.X
    HP N54L Microserver 20Gb Intel SSD, 8Gb RAM running OMV 4.X
    and loads of other PC's and NAS... OMV by far the best....
    (P.S. I hate Windows 10, 8.1, 8, 7 Vista, XP, 2K, ME, 98se, 98 and 95 - I have lost hours of my life to this windows virus)

• Yes you can and its supports port multiplier.. I have used it for this and it certainly worked for me. Before installing OMV, ensure you enter the BIOS and set the drives to AHCI.

thank you for letting me know! I have ordered a cable!

I accidentally already installed OMV completely in IDE mode, then switched to AHCI later......... so far so good

• If you have the space in your case, you can get a simple bracket with built-in SATA-eSATA adapter, so no special cables required. This is the one I bought, and it works great:

https://www.newegg.com/Product…aspx?Item=N82E16812400032

OMV 5.6.26-1 (Usul); Shuttle XPC SH67H3; Intel Core i5-2390T; 8 GB DDR3-1333 RAM; 128GB SanDisk Z400s SSD (OS); Samsung 860 EVO 1TB (primary storage); WD Red 2TB (backup and archive storage).

• I guess I was confused. I thought your eSATA port was on the outside of your case.

OMV 5.6.26-1 (Usul); Shuttle XPC SH67H3; Intel Core i5-2390T; 8 GB DDR3-1333 RAM; 128GB SanDisk Z400s SSD (OS); Samsung 860 EVO 1TB (primary storage); WD Red 2TB (backup and archive storage).

• I guess I was confused. I thought your eSATA port was on the outside of your case.

lol, well....it is.....but i still want to use it internally. I will route the cable to the inside and hook up the fifth drive

Seems like the only way to use 5 hdd's on this system without buying an expensive raid/sata controller.

• I had basically the same issue and the reason I opted for the adapter was so I can run any eSATA cable from the eSATA port to the adapter, then any SATA cable from the adapter to a SATA port. Plus, I didn't have to figure out how to get a cable from outside the case to inside the case.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!