Remote connection with dynamic IP

• Hi everyone.
    I wanted to ask if there is some way to connect to my nas remotely even if I have a dynamic IP at home.

I'm not sure if it exist a free VPN that can do this :(

Intel G4400 - Asrock H170M Pro4S - 8GB ram - Be Quiet Pure Power 11 400 CM - Nanoxia Deep Silence 4 - 6TB Seagate Ironwolf - RAIDZ1 3x10TB WD - OMV 5 - Proxmox Kernel

• Yes that is possible.
    I don’t know what type of router you have, but DDNS is a solution. And configure port forwarding in your router.
    For myself I’ve anything blocked from WAN, except VPN. On my router (Asus) I’ve configured open VPN, so I can remote access my NAS from any device, with this VPN connection.

• So I have to configure openvpn on my router or on my NAS?

Intel G4400 - Asrock H170M Pro4S - 8GB ram - Be Quiet Pure Power 11 400 CM - Nanoxia Deep Silence 4 - 6TB Seagate Ironwolf - RAIDZ1 3x10TB WD - OMV 5 - Proxmox Kernel

• Apples and oranges are being discussed here, VPN and Dynamic DNS are not the same thing.

From the OP's question, Dynamic DNS service is what he needs.

--
    Google is your friend and Bob's your uncle!

OMV AMD64 7.x on headless Chenbro NR12000 1U 1x 8m Quad Core E3-1220 3.1GHz 32GB ECC RAM.

• Yes, but there are two things the topicstarter asks.

1. Dynamic IP.

2. Remote access to OMV.

1. It can be solved with DDNS.

2. It can be solved by portforwarding on the router, or a VPN to the router, or OMV (OpenVPN) so you can remote access the NAS.

@Blabla, It's your choice. You can use the OpenVPN in OMV, in that case you have to forward the OpenVPN ports from your router to your NAS.

When you use VPN on you router, you can connect directly to your DDNS address.

https://openvpn.net/index.php/…tation/howto.html#dynamic

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!