Remove Certificate settings

• Hi all,
    my NAS is running on version OMV 3.0.97 with a certificate of letsencrypt. A few days ago I tried a renewal of my certificate by using the letsencrypt plugin, but it failed with an error. Since this operation it is no longer possible to store any changes in OMV settings.
    I started to remove the certificate, which did not work ... and a few other things, maybe stupid one ... I know. At least I removed the letsencrypt plugin and installed it new and tried to generate or renew the certificate, but this did now work either. It shows an authorization error - all challenges failed (when trying to renew or generate a certificate with letsencrypt).
    At the moment OMV is accessible via port 80, but an SSL connection or setting is no longer possible.

Webserver: nginx

exception 'OMV\ExecException' with message 'Failed to execute command 'export PATH=/bin:/sbin:/usr/bin:/usr/sbin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/local/sbin; export LANG=C; nginx -t 2>&1' with exit code '1': nginx: [emerg] SSL_CTX_use_PrivateKey_file("/etc/ssl/private/openmediavault-....key") failed (SSL: error:0B080074:x509 certificate routines:X509_check_private_key:key values mismatch)
    nginx: configuration file /etc/nginx/nginx.conf test failed' in /usr/share/php/openmediavault/system/process.inc:175

Now I would like to get rid of all these settings, which require a certificate ... and then start SSL again from the beginning with my self-signed certificate. But I don't know where to remove the settings, which still require the letsencrypt certificate?

Does someone know what to do best in this case? Are there certain configuration and configuration files, which I have to delete/change?

Cheers,
    Mike

• Thanks for your help, subzero - I will give it a try again.
    I did this before, but after a restart of OMV I have the entries with the cert again in my nginx-configuration (sites-enabled) and nginx did not start. After commenting out these two lines in the configuration, nginx starts and OMV is accessible on port 80. But I will try again - maybe I did something wrong with omv-firstaid.

Cheers,
    Mike

• HI, it's me again: I tried omv-firstaid once more, but this does not work - error occured - console shows (I changed the name of the key in the error output):

Updating web control panel settings. Please wait ...
    ERROR: Failed to execute command 'export PATH=/bin:/sbin:/usr/bin:/usr/sbin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/local/sbin; export LANG=C; nginx -t 2>&1' with exit code '1': nginx: [emerg] SSL_CTX_use_PrivateKey_file("/etc/ssl/private/openmediavault-..........key") failed (SSL: error:0B080074:x509 certificate routines:X509_check_private_key:key values mismatch)
    nginx: configuration file /etc/nginx/nginx.conf test failed

So I really don't know, how to get out of this situation, which prevents every configuration change.

Cheers,
    Mike

• This error is shown, when attempting to set http / port 80 in omv-firstaid.

However, my OMV-NAS is accessible via http / port 80 (and no longer via https). But this error is shown, if I try to set the configuration via omv-firstaid. And also the webinterface shows the yellow info-line to store the configuration, which also ends up in this error. That's why I'm no longer able to change any configuration. And I don't know, how to remove the settings, which cause this error.

Cheers,
    Mike

• Hi Subzero, same error again.
    Settings in omv-firstaid:
    http - 80 - OK
    https - NEIN

Updating web control panel settings. Please wait ...
    ERROR: Failed to execute command 'export PATH=/bin:/sbin:/usr/bin:/usr/sbin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/local/sbin; export LANG=C; nginx -t 2>&1' with exit code '1': nginx: [emerg] SSL_CTX_use_PrivateKey_file("/etc/ssl/private/openmediavault-.........key") failed (SSL: error:0B080074:x509 certificate routines:X509_check_private_key:key values mismatch)
    nginx: configuration file /etc/nginx/nginx.conf test failed

What shoud be the result for your command?

Cheers,
    Mike

• Ok, call me a little stupid boy ... found the cause of this error!
    My nextcloud installation had this certificate still in it's settings ... and that's why this error was caused.

Sorry sorry sorry ... mea culpa :)

Thanks for trying to help, subzero!

• Hey Mike_L
    I do have the exact same error, like you described here. SSL who screwed up everything. I also think nextcloud ist the solution for my problem. Sadly i do not have any access to the web control or my nextcloud page.
    Where did you edit the nextcloud configuration? Via SSH or did you edit it in the web panel?

• Hi phanter,
    sorry - I've seen your posting yesterday ... little bit late ;)
    I ran into the same problem again after renewing the certificate yesterday. Nothing worked anymore ... no commits of changes Web-UI possible. After a reboot nginx did not start anymore.

I found this thread, which helped to get rid of the problem:
    private key mismatch

Cheers, Mike

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!