How to force SMBv1

• First of all, thank you for your job on openmediavault. :)

I have a use case where I must enable SMBv1, very old legacy application that only uses that protocol for file transfert.
    To limit the risks, I'm removing the share used by that app to a dedicated openmediavault as a "rebound" storage.

After testing a bit it seems SMBv1 is disable on last version of OMV. Is that right ?
    How can I verify it and idealy force OMV to accept SMBv1 ?

I've looked into the smb.conf without luck.

Thank you.

Loo.

• Hello,

Thank you for your time and reply.
    Unfortunately it doesn't work for me.

I suspect the same thing, it's not a matter of ports, OMV listens on tcp139 etc.. Seems really related to the way the device communicates with the server.
    The only OS I've managed to work with is Windows 2003....

Any other ideas or places where I could check to help understand and correct behavior ?

Thank you.

Loo

• Offizieller Beitrag

I am pretty sure smbv1 is disabled by an update on windows on supported versions of windows since it is a big security risk. That is why it probably works on server 2003 since it has been out of support for a long time.

omv 7.0.4-2 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.5 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.10 | compose 7.1.2 | k8s 7.0-6 | cputemp 7.0 | mergerfs 7.0.3

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• You guys are correct.
    That's why I'm looking into OMV, to avoid dealing with MS server that will disable SMBv1 each time we update it etc...

But it seems it's not that easy to have a Linux based server communicating or acting as an insecure Windows server. ;)

As far as I understand it seems my device (based on WinCE) uses a SMBv1 quite old and the way it communicates is not supported with recent versions of SMBv1. Only Windows 2003 servers seem to respond properly.

I'm trying to find a way of simulating the way Windows 2003 communicates with my device.

Thank you again for your time.

Loo

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!