Error #0

• So, last weekend, I bit the bullet and upgraded from OMV 0.5 to 4.0.19. I did the tried, tested and true method of pulling all of my data drives, replacing my system drive with an old spare 40gb hdd. Everything seemed to go smoothly. After the install, I put back in my data drives and started to set OMV up.

One of those data drives was an unused 2Tb drive that wasn’t part of my RAID array. I formatted it and left it. Yesterday, I copied a bunch of stuff to it, without a problem. Today, I went to create a Shared Folder on the drive and got the following error:

Now, no matter what I try to do, I get an Error #0. I’m not sure if the rest of the info under the Error #0 is the same, as there is a lot of it. I have been careful to only make changes to the system through the web GUI, with the exception of adding the entry into the /etc/default/openmediavault file to stop the system from complaining about the drives being over 85% full.

I’m not sure what to do now. Here is my syslog file.
    Thanks!
    Ted

http:// https://www.dropbox.com/s/2h00hl9d0satk9m/syslog.txt?dl=0

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

OMV 4.1.0-1 Arrakis running on:
    IBM System x3400 server
    Dual Xeon 5110 1.6Ghz CPUs
    4Gb RAM
    40Gb IDE System drive
    8-2Tb Data HDDs

• Yup, I edited the /etc/default/openmediavault file to stop the error about the storage drives being too full. Here is the post about that.https://forum.openmediavault.o…?postID=168809#post168809

I didn't put 2 and 2 together and notice that the Error#0 started at that time. I tried to modified the line and that didn't work, but when I removed it, the Error #0 went away.
    Thanks for the heads up.

IBM System x3400 server
    4Gb RAM
    40Gb IDE System drive
    8-2Tb Data HDDs

• I will try that. In the past, when I was running 0.5, I just pasted OMV_MONIT_SERVICE_FILESYSTEM_SPACEUSAGE="95" into the file and had no issues. (I actually kept a bookmark to the bug tracker post so I could find it when I reloaded the OMV software.)

IBM System x3400 server
    4Gb RAM
    40Gb IDE System drive
    8-2Tb Data HDDs

• I notice that many users, including me, having this error on OMV4 regardless whether the hard drive is full or not.
    I get this error when I run an update or make changes in OMV web gui.

Anybody know how to fix this ?

OMV v5.0
    Asus Z97-A/3.1; i3-4370
    32GB RAM Corsair Vengeance Pro

• Offizieller Beitrag

I having the same error, but not a hard drive related issue.

How is this hard drive related?

He edited the file using a desktop GUI software introducing non-ascci characters in the default env file. The error points exactly to loading that file and the error goes away when he deletes the line in question. I can also reproduce this by adding non-ascci chars.

Now to avoid confusion....are you having the same error with the same backtrace? or it says something different?

• It occurs sometimes when I run update or run a cron job from the web gui.

OMV v5.0
    Asus Z97-A/3.1; i3-4370

• Yup, it looks like the problem was that the text editor was not saving the file as unicode. Problem solved.

IBM System x3400 server
    4Gb RAM
    40Gb IDE System drive
    8-2Tb Data HDDs

• This error not just happen for run cron job but also for run update.

OMV v5.0
    Asus Z97-A/3.1; i3-4370

• It isn't full.

Code
    Filesystem      Size  Used Avail Use% Mounted on

udev             16G     0   16G   0% /dev
    tmpfs           3.2G  9.3M  3.2G   1% /run
    /dev/sda1       198G  5.8G  182G   4% /
    tmpfs            16G   12K   16G   1% /dev/shm
    tmpfs           5.0M     0  5.0M   0% /run/lock
    tmpfs            16G     0   16G   0% /sys/fs/cgroup
    tmpfs            16G   16K   16G   1% /tmp

OMV v5.0
    Asus Z97-A/3.1; i3-4370

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!