Error #0

• Resolved
    • OMV 4.x (stable)

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• So, last weekend, I bit the bullet and upgraded from OMV 0.5 to 4.0.19. I did the tried, tested and true method of pulling all of my data drives, replacing my system drive with an old spare 40gb hdd. Everything seemed to go smoothly. After the install, I put back in my data drives and started to set OMV up.

One of those data drives was an unused 2Tb drive that wasn’t part of my RAID array. I formatted it and left it. Yesterday, I copied a bunch of stuff to it, without a problem. Today, I went to create a Shared Folder on the drive and got the following error:

Source Code

1. Error #0:
      2. OMV\ExecException: Failed to execute command 'export PATH=/bin:/sbin:/usr/bin:/usr/sbin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/local/sbin; export LANG=C; omv-mkconf systemd 2>&1' with exit code '1': Traceback (most recent call last):
      3. File "/usr/sbin/omv-mkconf", line 24, in <module>
      4. import openmediavault
      5. File "/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/openmediavault/__init__.py", line 24, in <module>
      6. import openmediavault.settings
      7. File "/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/openmediavault/settings.py", line 101, in <module>
      8. Environment.load()
      9. File "/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/openmediavault/settings.py", line 39, in load
      10. for line in reader.readlines():
      11. File "/usr/lib/python3.5/encodings/ascii.py", line 26, in decode
      12. return codecs.ascii_decode(input, self.errors)[0]
      13. UnicodeDecodeError: 'ascii' codec can't decode byte 0xe2 in position 2630: ordinal not in range(128) in /usr/share/php/openmediavault/system/process.inc:175
      14. Stack trace:
      15. #0 /usr/share/openmediavault/engined/module/systemd.inc(36): OMV\System\Process->execute()
      16. #1 /usr/share/openmediavault/engined/rpc/config.inc(168): OMVModuleSystemd->applyConfig()
      17. #2 [internal function]: OMVRpcServiceConfig->applyChanges(Array, Array)
      18. #3 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpc/serviceabstract.inc(123): call_user_func_array(Array, Array)
      19. #4 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpc/serviceabstract.inc(150): OMV\Rpc\ServiceAbstract->callMethod('applyChanges', Array, Array)
      20. #5 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpc/serviceabstract.inc(528): OMV\Rpc\ServiceAbstract->OMV\Rpc\{closure}('/tmp/bgstatusEp...', '/tmp/bgoutput1i...')
      21. #6 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpc/serviceabstract.inc(151): OMV\Rpc\ServiceAbstract->execBgProc(Object(Closure))
      22. #7 /usr/share/openmediavault/engined/rpc/config.inc(213): OMV\Rpc\ServiceAbstract->callMethodBg('applyChanges', Array, Array)
      23. #8 [internal function]: OMVRpcServiceConfig->applyChangesBg(Array, Array)
      24. #9 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpc/serviceabstract.inc(123): call_user_func_array(Array, Array)
      25. #10 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpc/rpc.inc(86): OMV\Rpc\ServiceAbstract->callMethod('applyChangesBg', Array, Array)
      26. #11 /usr/sbin/omv-engined(536): OMV\Rpc\Rpc::call('Config', 'applyChangesBg', Array, Array, 1)
      27. #12 {main}
      Display All

Now, no matter what I try to do, I get an Error #0. I’m not sure if the rest of the info under the Error #0 is the same, as there is a lot of it. I have been careful to only make changes to the system through the web GUI, with the exception of adding the entry into the /etc/default/openmediavault file to stop the system from complaining about the drives being over 85% full.

I’m not sure what to do now. Here is my syslog file.
      Thanks!
      Ted

dropbox.com/s/2h00hl9d0satk9m/syslog.txt?dl=0

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
      OMV 4.1.0-1 Arrakis running on:
      IBM System x3400 server
      Dual Xeon 5110 1.6Ghz CPUs
      4Gb RAM
      40Gb IDE System drive
      8-2Tb Data HDDs
    • Try and checkout the file /etc/default/openmediavault for any strange characters you might have introduced. Because looking at the syslog seems like didn’t make any effect. The error might be that also, trying to load the global env file
      New wiki
      chat support at #openmediavault@freenode IRC | Spanish & English | GMT+10
      telegram.me/openmediavault broadcast channel
      openmediavault discord server
    • Yup, I edited the /etc/default/openmediavault file to stop the error about the storage drives being too full. Here is the post about that.forum.openmediavault.org/index…?postID=168809#post168809

I didn't put 2 and 2 together and notice that the Error#0 started at that time. I tried to modified the line and that didn't work, but when I removed it, the Error #0 went away.
      Thanks for the heads up.
      IBM System x3400 server
      4Gb RAM
      40Gb IDE System drive
      8-2Tb Data HDDs
    • I will try that. In the past, when I was running 0.5, I just pasted OMV_MONIT_SERVICE_FILESYSTEM_SPACEUSAGE="95" into the file and had no issues. (I actually kept a bookmark to the bug tracker post so I could find it when I reloaded the OMV software.)
      IBM System x3400 server
      4Gb RAM
      40Gb IDE System drive
      8-2Tb Data HDDs
    • tinh_x7 wrote:

I having the same error, but not a hard drive related issue.
      How is this hard drive related?

He edited the file using a desktop GUI software introducing non-ascci characters in the default env file. The error points exactly to loading that file and the error goes away when he deletes the line in question. I can also reproduce this by adding non-ascci chars.

Now to avoid confusion....are you having the same error with the same backtrace? or it says something different?
      New wiki
    • It occurs sometimes when I run update or run a cron job from the web gui.

Source Code

1. Error #0:
      2. OMV\Exception: Failed to read file '/tmp/bgstatusTkVJTR' (size=0). in /usr/share/php/openmediavault/json/file.inc:199
      3. Stack trace:
      4. #0 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/json/file.inc(214): OMV\Json\File->getContents()
      5. #1 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpc/serviceabstract.inc(334): OMV\Json\File->read()
      6. #2 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpc/serviceabstract.inc(525): OMV\Rpc\ServiceAbstract->updateBgProcStatus('/tmp/bgstatusTk...', 'outputfilename', '/tmp/bgoutputef...')
      7. #3 /usr/share/openmediavault/engined/rpc/cron.inc(179): OMV\Rpc\ServiceAbstract->execBgProc(Object(Closure))
      8. #4 [internal function]: OMVRpcServiceCron->execute(Array, Array)
      9. #5 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpc/serviceabstract.inc(123): call_user_func_array(Array, Array)
      10. #6 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpc/rpc.inc(86): OMV\Rpc\ServiceAbstract->callMethod('execute', Array, Array)
      11. #7 /usr/sbin/omv-engined(536): OMV\Rpc\Rpc::call('Cron', 'execute', Array, Array, 1)
      12. #8 {main}
      Display All
      OMV v4.0
      Asus Z97-A/3.1; i3-4370
      32GB RAM Corsair Vengeance Pro
      4x3TB RAID10
    • There are a bunch of commits for scheduled tasks

github.com/openmediavault/open…conf/cron.d/20userdefined

i would assume postint script would take care of upgrading them but....you can try manually,

Just edit one cron job, change a time or comment save it, that should regenerate all jobs. Then try again.
      New wiki
    • This error not just happen for run cron job but also for run update.

Source Code

1. Failed to read file '/tmp/bgstatusLcRblo' (size=0).
      2. Error #0:
      3. OMV\Exception: Failed to read file '/tmp/bgstatusLcRblo' (size=0). in /usr/share/php/openmediavault/json/file.inc:199
      4. Stack trace:
      5. #0 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/json/file.inc(214): OMV\Json\File->getContents()
      6. #1 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpc/serviceabstract.inc(334): OMV\Json\File->read()
      7. #2 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpc/serviceabstract.inc(525): OMV\Rpc\ServiceAbstract->updateBgProcStatus('/tmp/bgstatusLc...', 'outputfilename', '/tmp/bgoutputSI...')
      8. #3 /usr/share/openmediavault/engined/rpc/apt.inc(224): OMV\Rpc\ServiceAbstract->execBgProc(Object(Closure))
      9. #4 [internal function]: OMVRpcServiceApt->update(NULL, Array)
      10. #5 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpc/serviceabstract.inc(123): call_user_func_array(Array, Array)
      11. #6 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpc/rpc.inc(86): OMV\Rpc\ServiceAbstract->callMethod('update', NULL, Array)
      12. #7 /usr/sbin/omv-engined(536): OMV\Rpc\Rpc::call('Apt', 'update', NULL, Array, 1)
      13. #8 {main}
      Display All
      OMV v4.0
      Asus Z97-A/3.1; i3-4370
      32GB RAM Corsair Vengeance Pro
      4x3TB RAID10
    • It isn't full.

Source Code

1. Filesystem Size Used Avail Use% Mounted on
      2. udev 16G 0 16G 0% /dev
      3. tmpfs 3.2G 9.3M 3.2G 1% /run
      4. /dev/sda1 198G 5.8G 182G 4% /