lifetime of micro SD card or in other word what should I do in case of not damaged SD card

• Hi,

any idea how long a SD card will live while in reader of Raspberry or HC1 from Odroid? If SD card is defect do I need to format the HDD or USB Drive or is there any possibility to mount it while configuration of the new MOV on the new Micro SD card?

• any idea how long a SD card will live while in reader of Raspberry or HC1 from Odroid?

If you use our official images and tried to get a good SD card of sufficient size (some details here) then it should last forever since official OMV images activate the so called 'flashmemory plugin' which greatly reduces writes to SD card.

If you already run OMV on an ARM board please provide output of the following

Code
    uptime
    echo $(( $(awk -F" " '/mmcblk. /{print $10}' /proc/diskstats) / 2 ))

This will tell how much data has been written to SD card and we know in which time that happened. If your SD card dies there's no need to reformat your data disks but you have to reconstruct all your settings from scratch so better take some notes now if you plan to use a cheap SD card.

• thx for feedback,

hope I can provide the output because I have never tried to get access to the OS (ODROID HC1). I'm in in OMV only.

I have also asked because yesterday I got a mail from my OMV (see below) and an user meant that the SD card may have defects. see also:

got mail vom OMV...

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!