Pool Hard Drives

• At this point, you can try Greyhole. Have a look at it.

Lian Li PC-V354 (with Be Quiet! Silent Wings 3 fans)
    ASRock Rack x470D4U | AMD Ryzen 5 3600 | Crucial 16GB DDR4 2666MHz ECC | Intel x550T2 10Gb NIC

1 x ADATA 8200 Pro 256MB NVMe for System/Caches/Logs/Downloads
    5 x Western Digital 10To HDD in RAID 6 for Datas
    1 x Western Digital 2To HDD for Backups

Powered by OMV v5.6.26 & Linux kernel 5.10.x

• Sorry but that's all gibberish to me. I do appreciate your input however I don't know what to do with any of that or if its going to mess my system if i start typing stuff in CLI without knowing what exactly it is doing. And this is exactly what I have been trying to explain for the last few days in this thread. If I cant do it through GUI I wont even bother.

• Offizieller Beitrag

I dont know what errors were. As soon as I encounter errors I ditch everything and move onto something that is proven to work.

Always trying to get more digs in... Do you think I would put a plugin in the repo if it didn't work? I also just installed rockstor and it errored out during the hostname and user creation. I couldn't get by that step. See attached screenshot. I thought it was proven to work????

I dont have a know how on how to monkey with things in CLI nor do I want to.

Not a single thing I have mentioned in my last couple of posts require the CLI.

And for the last time, yes mergerfs will remove and add disks fine however the data does not get moved over prior to disk being removed.

And it doesn't need to. If you only add disks, it doesn't matter if data gets moved.

And this is exactly what I have been trying to explain for the last few days in this thread. If I cant do it through GUI I wont even bother.

And this is what we have been trying to explain. mdadm is what the OMV Raid Management tab uses *without* installing anything. It has raid 5 and linear raid. I keep pushing these topics because we like to make things better but if you aren't willing to learn anything at all, we can't make things read your mind. I will stop bothering you now.

Bilder

omv 7.0.4-2 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.5 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.10 | compose 7.1.2 | k8s 7.0-6 | cputemp 7.0 | mergerfs 7.0.3

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!