Nextcloud 13 is The Last Version To Support PHP 5.6

• I recently upgraded the NextCloud installation on my OMV server to version 13. After doing so, I was poking around in the admin panel as I often do after an upgrade, and saw the following warning message at the top of the page.

Zitat von Nextcloud Admin Panel

You are currently running PHP 5.6. The current major version of Nextcloud is the last that is supported on PHP 5.6. It is recommended to upgrade the PHP version to 7.0+ to be able to upgrade to Nextcloud 14.

Based on this, I am assuming that I will not be able to run Nextcloud 14 on OMV 3? Is that the case, or is there something I will be able to do to resolve this issue once version 14 is released? It's not really a problem right now, but I would like to plan ahead for when it becomes one.

• Offizieller Beitrag

Based on this, I am assuming that I will not be able to run Nextcloud 14 on OMV 3?

You could run in docker. I highly recommend against installing php7 on OMV 3.

Is that the case, or is there something I will be able to do to resolve this issue once version 14 is released?

Upgrade to OMV 4 or move it to docker.

omv 7.0.5-1 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.8 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.1.4 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.4

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github - changelogs

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• You could run in docker. I highly recommend against installing php7 on OMV 3.

Upgrade to OMV 4 or move it to docker.

Okay, sounds good. I've never used Docker before, so if I end up going that route, that should be interesting. Would I still be able to use the Nginx and MySQL plugins if I were to do this?

• Offizieller Beitrag

Would I still be able to use the Nginx and MySQL plugins if I were to do this?

Yep.

omv 7.0.5-1 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.8 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.1.4 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.4

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github - changelogs

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!