miniDLNA issues

• Hey guys,

I just installed miniDLNA yesterday and while the server shows up on my TV when i go in to browse the files nothing shows up, like its empty.

• Offizieller Beitrag

minidlna is very picky about file types and some badly encoded files will actually crash the indexer. Turn on logging in the plugin and look at the log file.

omv 7.0.5-1 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.8 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.1.4 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.4

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github - changelogs

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• Yeah but even if the file types were not supported which i have thought about, wouldnt at least the folders that i have the files in show up? When i go into the server on my TV nothing shows up.

• Offizieller Beitrag

wouldnt at least the folders that i have the files in show up?

No. If it hits a bad file and the indexer stops, it has nothing in its database to show you. minidlna doesn't look at the filesystem to serve files. It only looks at its database. This is why you need to look at the log file. It also has problems with large bluray rips. Indexing can take a long time as well.

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.1.4 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.4

• Offizieller Beitrag

Nevermind, i ticked the Strictly adhere to DLNA standards and it works now.

That means your TV's dlna client is picky.

• This thing is driving me crazy sometimes, im new to the PI world. Now i ve lost access from my computer, while i can see everything in the hard drive if i try to move a file from my computer to the NAS it gives me an error saying i need permission

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!