Cannot Access Visible Shares

• This happened on both OMV3 and OMV4 (switched to 4 after 3 seemingly did not work).

I did a fresh install of OMV, followed this guide to set-up things: [HOW-TO] Browse / Connect to OMV SMB shares with Windows 10

And then took the following steps:

Go to Shared Folders to create 2 folders.
    Go to Access Right Management and created a single user that belongs to the "users" and "sambashare" groups.
    Go to Privileges to give the new user R/W access to the 2 Shared Folders.
    Go to SMB/CIFS -> Shares to add the 2 shares
    Access the share from my Windows 10 notebook
    I fill in the samba user credentials

At this point it looks good and the shares are visible but if I try to click on them I get this:

I followed these steps 3 times; 2x with OMV3 and 1x with OMV4 and exactly the same happens.

OMV is being installed on an ESXi host and I delete the VM for every new attempt.

Am I missing something?

//edit Tried using SMB3 instead of SMB2, same results.
    Also tried forcing guest only to see if it was the user, did not work either.
    Lastly watched that full install video guide and just tried setting the same user groups as in the video (ssh/sudo/user), did not work either.

• While the ACL setting changes did not work, you did give me another idea.

Since the drives were originally formatted to ext4 on a Mint live CD, I figured that could have messed up permissions wise (no idea if that is possible, never used Linux before VMing Pi-hole).

I went into the Physical Drives menu, (quick) wiped all drives and re-created the File Systems, mounted the disks and now they are accessible.

Thank you for the hint!

• Ah so that was the reason behind it, need to read up a bit on foreign volumes.

Though, I wish omv send some noob-friendly warning especially since I could create folders on it.

• For now, I think I will stick to creating separate users with differing usernames and passwords, Windows allows me to login with separate credentials and I prefer that over putting my Windows credentials in OMV.

• Yea, I figured as much; "Others" does not sound safe either.

Anyway, got everything set-up so I think I am good to go, just need to decide whether the Plex apps are worth paying for haha

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!