Newbie questions about using Symlink Plugin with Union File Systems and other plugins (esp. Docker)

• Hi folks,

Very new to OMV and a bit confused about how to use the Symlinks plugin. I've created a 2-drive pool, Data1and2, that according to the UnionFileSystems plugin resides at /dev/sdb1. I want to create a new directory, Docker_Images, at the pool's root. Then I want to create a symlink to this directory, and then use the link as a path in the Docker plugin.

Here's what I tried:

• Symlink plugin > +Add.
    • In the Source box, click on the folder icon and navigate to /dev.
    • Look for sdb1 or even sdb*. Nothing beginning with sdb shows.

What's wrong? ;(

Also, although I haven't gotten that far, once I locate the root directory of Data1and2, can I create a folder there by using the Symlink plugin and simply adding the folder to end of the Source path? Or do I have to create the folder some other way? What about ownership, group membership, and permissions for the newly created folder? Is the only way by using the CLI, or does OMV have some tool that can do this?

And once the link is created in the Symlink plugin, is using the link a simple matter of copying the Destination path and pasting it in another plugin's text box? Or must one use some other way?

My goal is to use a symlink in the Docker plugin so that if I decide to move the images somewhere else, all I'll need to do is redefine the link.

Thanks for your help!

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!