Corrupted device list

• Hello,

after my initial trial when using standalone OMV 4.0 derailed and drowned in errors, I decided to go debian+omv approach as it seemed a little more robust.

Everything went fine with configuration until today. I've installed omv 4.0 using provided shell scripts, mounted and formated my RAID array, made some shares, and enabled samba server with access to one of the shared folders (/Downloads). I've set utorrent default save location to /sharedfolders/Downloads and began testing. Everything worked like magic. After reboot I was unable to browse my samba shares, turned out that there is something wrong with OMV not being able to handle my drive properly. I'm unable to make new shared folders as the device list is empty. In shared folders, I'm unable to delete Downloads, and it's "device" is corrupt (called something looking like uuid "c54e05ba-09fd-420e-9e4d-a64dc6d1796a"). On file systems page I can see my array as usual /dev/md127 but I'm unable to mount it, unmount it, or do anything at all.

When I open ACL for shared folder I get following error

I thought this might have something to do with debian priviliges so I changed owner of /sharedfolders to OMV admin, and group omv-engine but with little effect.
    Does anybody has any idea, on why has this happened? And how can I fix it? Build is under construction so formating drive, and disolving raid is also an option.

• Yeah, the dir exists and I can access it via ssh/debian gui. I was even able to retrieve test download file that was stored there.

I don't really know what do You mean asking whether file system is mounted (scope of question).
    No I don't have /sharedfolders defined as a mount point in debian
    Yes I'm referencing it (ie. utorrent download folder)
    Yes it was mounted in OMV (now it shows it is mounted but I cannot do anything with it)

I believe that some time ago I've saw some post somewhere online claiming that when you access folder as a root you take ownership of it, locking it to the rest of system? I'm not sure if thats the case (or even truth) but maybe this has something to do with it?

PS. I've also checked /media and there are no shares there. I believe this was is obsolete now (since this is OMV4 and those are binded the new way, am I right?)

/edit
    Also if You're asking whether I've had it mounter in OMV, then yes I did, I had it mounted and working. I was able to see it and make shares on it so database entries were made. I just accessed it outside of OMV (but after mounting it in omv).

2 Mal editiert, zuletzt von KimDzongAxel () aus folgendem Grund: additional info /edit

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!