cannot login as root

• Hi,

as admin I can login as usual with the webinterface. But as root I cannot log in with Krusader or Dolphin via FTP. Have used the same password as for admin but does not work. Have used the origin one (openmediavault) same result. At the console I have not tried as I'm not the expert and do not know the correct commands for that. So what is wrong?

BTW: As normal user I have created, here there are no problems with ftp.

• Offizieller Beitrag

But as root I cannot log in with Krusader or Dolphin via FTP. Have used the same password as for admin but does not work. Have used the origin one (openmediavault) same result. At the console I have not tried as I'm not the expert and do not know the correct commands for that. So what is wrong?

FTP is granted by privileges, so only users created in the webui can have access, this excludes admin. FTP omv by default disables root login, but it can be enabled, there is a checkbox in the FTP section.
    This works for me using filezilla and logging as root. I am not firing a VM with KDE to test this, so try filezilla for now.

• This works for me using filezilla and logging as root. I am not firing a VM with KDE to test this, so try filezilla for now.

thx for feedback. I'm using filezilla too. So I will try tomorrow. I want to do that only for getting access to the file system as I will add a small script for park hard disk at shut down on my ONDROID NAS.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!