[Sensors] OMV-Sensors in OMV 4.1.x

• What's the problem? I know I haven't been much help so far, but perhaps I can try to solve it?

There are a few issues still to resolve but the main one is the tabs, they do not update. Well, they do but you have to clear the browsers cache for them to show, this make me wonder if the plugin is feasible any more.
    We could use main tabs instead of sub-tabs but this would make the page a little cluttered.

BTW your help is much appreciated, 2 heads are better than 1 :)

[align=center]banner@1x.jpg
    What I am watching/watched on my Popcorn Hour media player
    omv 2.1.1 stoneburner | 64 bit | omvextrasorg 1.29
    MySQL (Percona[size=8]) | Newznab | Sonarr | CP | HP | NZBget | YAMJ | CUPS

• There are a few issues still to resolve but the main one is the tabs, they do not update. Well, they do but you have to clear the browsers cache for them to show, this make me wonder if the plugin is feasible any more.We could use main tabs instead of sub-tabs but this would make the page a little cluttered.

BTW your help is much appreciated, 2 heads are better than 1 :)

Thanks! I'm glad to hear that I'm contributing in some way.

I will have a look at the caching thing if time permits. I've dealt with this before when designing websites. Let's see if I can figure out how to deal with it in the context of the plugin.

• What I do not understand about the caching problem is that whenever the graph updates, the URL for the graph image changes, meaning that even if the image is cached, you should not be loading the same image.

For example, here are two different URLs for the same image.
    http://localhost/rrd.php?name=…ur.png&time=1526497062980
    http://localhost/rrd.php?name=…ur.png&time=1526497195462

I am currently testing in a VM which does not work very well with this plugin since no sensors are detected. Does this version of the plugin at least work for monitoring CPU and motherboard temperatures? As long as it keeps an accurate documentation of this information, I can live with the defects while continuing to test on my production server.

Update: I just tried installing a build of this plugin on my production server running OMV 4, and although the plugin installs fine, trying to change the settings results in this error:

• Any updates on this? I really liked the plugin on OMV 3

As I expected, I've been too busy to dedicate any further time to this.

Full disclosure: I am not the main developer of this plugin. I am just a random guy who would also like to see this plugin ported to OMV 4 and put some effort into porting it but did not make much progress. @jhmiller's the lead developer, and last I heard from him, he was having issues with his OMV machine which slowed his progress.

• Offizieller Beitrag

I havent heard from him in a while.

omv 7.0.4-2 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.5 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.10 | compose 7.1.2 | k8s 7.0-6 | cputemp 7.0 | mergerfs 7.0.3

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• I'd also like to have the hardware monitoring for my nas. Sensors are in place and even show up in syslog. But a plugin serving the charts would be very helpfull.
    Also, fan control would be really appreciated.

Would give a donation for this.

• Just an update folks, I was able to get temperatures working with OMV5 using the code and guidance provided earlier in this thread by sbocquet. Not as a plugin but by adding a couple of lines here and there, I expect I will have to repeat the process when the next update comes out but the pain in minimal. I needed to keep an eye on the temps on my new OMV5 hardware (BeeLink T4 fanless Atom 8500) that has replaced my trusty Odroid XU4 finally died after 3 yrs of hard service.

• Just an update folks, I was able to get temperatures working with OMV5 using the code and guidance provided earlier in this thread by sbocquet. Not as a plugin but by adding a couple of lines here and there, I expect I will have to repeat the process when the next update comes out but the pain in minimal. I needed to keep an eye on the temps on my new OMV5 hardware (BeeLink T4 fanless Atom 8500) that has replaced my trusty Odroid XU4 finally died after 3 yrs of hard service.

Hi,

If you want to make your updates easy, just save your modified files in a .sav files, than copy them after each OMV update.
    There are not much changes even none in those files...

Cheers,

Lian Li PC-V354 (with Be Quiet! Silent Wings 3 fans)
    ASRock Rack x470D4U | AMD Ryzen 5 3600 | Crucial 16GB DDR4 2666MHz ECC | Intel x550T2 10Gb NIC

1 x ADATA 8200 Pro 256MB NVMe for System/Caches/Logs/Downloads
    5 x Western Digital 10To HDD in RAID 6 for Datas
    1 x Western Digital 2To HDD for Backups