Nextcloud Docker + SSL on lan

• Hi!

I've been playing around with OMV 3.0.98 on my Raspberry Pi 3.
    I installed Nextcloud via Docker (lsioarmhf/nextcloud) and I managed to have it up and running. I just want/need it by now in my home lan.
    Now...
    I've already read several threads and topics, guides, how-to here in the forums as well as all over the internet.
    What I can't get to work as I would like to is:

SSL certification: I know I can create an exception but I would rather have it properly certified if possible.
    Accessing Nextcloud: I always have to enter "https://192.168.1.80:443" - Is there a way I can just type in an address, like nextcloud.home.lan or something?

Like I said, I already spent a lot of hours with nginx, letsencrypt, omv certificates, tried different configurations and options, reinstalled OMV from scratch a bunch of times due to errors...

I would really appreciate some help or at least someone pointing me the correct directions...

Thanks in advance,
    Best regards.

• You, propably have to create your own Certificate Authority for your local LAN.
    A Better Way is to use Let's encrypt and access it via a Dynamic DNS Name.

Your Router should already creating a local DNS Zone with something like you intended to do, check the Web UI of it.

If you want to go all Crazy with CA and DNS Stuff use pfSense

• Hi,

it would be nice if you could post how you made it run.
    I'm also trying to get it to run but i'm not sure where i'm failing. Do I need to also install mysql?
    I managed to access the web ui but after creating the account choosin sqlite, it is giving me "504 gateway time-out"

thx

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!