OMV + WordPress/Ghost + Nextcloud is it possible

• Title pretty much says it all.
    Can OpenMediaVault, WordPress or Ghost, and Nextcloud run all on the same server and how?
    Currently, I have two separate servers:
    1 - running cups, WordPress (would like to have Ghost), Nextcloud
    2 - OMV hosting data to my computers at home and videos to KODI

Can I have all these running on 1 server and have access to these files outside my local network and if so, is there a howto. more so, how to properly setup nginx to serve all?

Thank you,

Doug

• I don't see why not. There are several paths:
    - OMV is Debian. There is nothing preventing you from installing Wordpress and NextCloud on the same OS. However, there could be conflicts.
    - OMV has a VirtualBox plugin for running VMs. You could install OMV on the bare metal, and then run VMs for your other apps.
    - OMV has a Docker plugin. You could install OMV on the bare metal and run your other apps in docker containers.
    - You could install a hypervisor (Proxmox, ESXI, etc...) on the bare metal and run OMV, Wordpress, and Nextcloud in their own VMs.

• Offizieller Beitrag

You also can run the Webserver Plugin for Apache or nginx as i'm doing

The webserver plugin (openmediavault-nginx) does not work with apache. If you need apache, I would use docker.

omv 7.0.5-1 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.5 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.11 | compose 7.1.3 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0 | mergerfs 7.0.3

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github - changelogs

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• @ryecoaaron Can you give more details about your setup? and How is it setup? I am currently using nginx for WordPress (would prefer Ghost), Nextcloud. I have cups for my chromebooks. On another rpi3 I have OMV3. How can I combine these?

• Offizieller Beitrag

Can you give more details about your setup? and How is it setup?

My setup? I'm not running wordpress or nextcloud. I'm just saying it would be easy to install cups and docker plugins on OMV 3. Then run wordpress, ghost, nextcloud, whatever in docker.

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.11 | compose 7.1.3 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0 | mergerfs 7.0.3

• Offizieller Beitrag

You can run all you need with docker

I wouldn't run OMV in a docker :D

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!