Add my own program to the menu

• OMV 3.x

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Add my own program to the menu

I'm not sure where to put this, so if it's the wrong spot, I apologize. If it's covered in the docs or in other easy to find places, I'm sorry too. I couldn't find it.

I installe OMV, got CUPS to work, and everything was super. Except the printer is also a scanner, so after some tweaking and despair, I got a local CLI script to work. Meaning: I put the original in the feeder, and starts my program from the command line.

Now, this being OMV, it would be nice if I (and others, not necessarily confident with the command line) could run this progrram from the menu. Sugar on top would be to be able to add some input, so I could decide e.g. to whom to send.

Making a plugin (even if there is a template) seems to be a lot of work. So I'm asking for which options there exists.
    • You can run commands from the scheduled jobs tab. Otherwise, you will have to make a plugin.
      omv 4.1.14 arrakis | 64 bit | 4.15 proxmox kernel | omvextrasorg 4.1.13
      omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github

Please read this before posting a question and this and this for docker questions.
      Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!
    • IF is a non interactive script then you can use a disabled scheduled task. If you need some input then you can edit the scheduled task to put an argument. Little bit tedious but....

Another option it could work is a software written in Golang called webhook. It creates a small web server were you can type an url and execute a script, you can pass arguments also. I use it to hard reset poe devices, You can combine it with nginx proxy pass. For example I type rr/ and switches off and on the Ethernet port of the device.
      New wiki
      chat support at #openmediavault@freenode IRC | Spanish & English | GMT+10
      telegram.me/openmediavault broadcast channel
      openmediavault discord server