Add my own program to the menu

• I'm not sure where to put this, so if it's the wrong spot, I apologize. If it's covered in the docs or in other easy to find places, I'm sorry too. I couldn't find it.

I installe OMV, got CUPS to work, and everything was super. Except the printer is also a scanner, so after some tweaking and despair, I got a local CLI script to work. Meaning: I put the original in the feeder, and starts my program from the command line.

Now, this being OMV, it would be nice if I (and others, not necessarily confident with the command line) could run this progrram from the menu. Sugar on top would be to be able to add some input, so I could decide e.g. to whom to send.

Making a plugin (even if there is a template) seems to be a lot of work. So I'm asking for which options there exists.

• Offizieller Beitrag

You can run commands from the scheduled jobs tab. Otherwise, you will have to make a plugin.

omv 7.0.4-2 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.5 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.10 | compose 7.1.2 | k8s 7.0-6 | cputemp 7.0 | mergerfs 7.0.3

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• Offizieller Beitrag

IF is a non interactive script then you can use a disabled scheduled task. If you need some input then you can edit the scheduled task to put an argument. Little bit tedious but....

Another option it could work is a software written in Golang called webhook. It creates a small web server were you can type an url and execute a script, you can pass arguments also. I use it to hard reset poe devices, You can combine it with nginx proxy pass. For example I type http://rr/ and switches off and on the Ethernet port of the device.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!