Minidlna issues

• Hi,

have assembled an Odroid HC1 as I'm using it for sharing photos and videos on TV, other computer and Mobile Phone. So far so good, all devices are connected with Odroid and have access.

But minidlna behavior is very strange. Examples:

• not all covers are shown at the clients. Have posted this issue in another thread
    • when changing a file (I.e. cover), or changing the mu3 file (was wrong due to different font) the entire CD is not visible anymore
    • CD are two times available although on the server its only one time present

So it seems to me minidlna is a very buggy plug in. Any experience with that and any workaround already done?Actually I'm thinking to buy an Synology DS118 and hoping that these bugs are not present there....

• Offizieller Beitrag

So it seems to me minidlna is a very buggy plug in.

This has nothing to do with the plugin. If something isn't working, it might be a problem with your TV/phone's dlna client, or you need to try the strict setting in the plugin, or it is just an issue with minidlna (which the plugin can't fix).

Actually I'm thinking to buy an Synology DS118 and hoping that these bugs are not present there....

The synology might use a different dlna server that is not as problematic. minidlna is not the only dlna server available on OMV. Because you can use the docker plugin, there are plenty of other options available like emby, plex, and others.

omv 7.0.5-1 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.8 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.1.4 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.4

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github - changelogs

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• It makes no difference for me if the plug in or the minidlna is buggy. The clients are most probably not the problem as all of them (TV, blue-ray player, laptop and smart phones) are showing the same strange behaviour.

Today I found a new issue: folder (CD with several tracks) removed from server ans still in the track list of minidlna although it's not in the file system (checked with Filezilla).

So I will try docker plug in.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!