Download from NAS

• Good morning! I have a NAS under OpenMediaVault and I was wondering if it was possible to make the server download a file directly from the NAS from a PC?

I explain myself, let's say I want to download a rather heavy file at night from my laptop into the NAS folder, how can I get the NAS to take over and turn off my laptop?

Sorry about my English, I'm French!

• You may do that via ssh. You connect to the server via ssh (in Linux console: ssh <user>@<domain>. Example: ssh root@192.168.1.12 )
    And then you can download it there. If it's from an internet source wget is what you need: wget downloadwebsite.com/fileisnotavirus.exe
    though if you disconnect, you'll stop the session, so you'll want to run it in a screen or something.
    Start the session:
    screen -S dontneedaname
    Navigate to the file you want it downloaded in:
    cd /destination/for/downloads/
    The code to download:
    wget downloadwebsite.com/fileisnotavirus.exe
    To close the screen: ctrl-a d

If this seems kind of technical, probably because I over-complicate things a lot.
    in case screens is not installed:
    sudo apt install screen

• they not the answer do you want but i do it by a Virtual Box OS on omv host on a small Internet connection, download directly from the Virtual Box OS in to a shared folder from omv.
    I use these also for heavy steam games download over night and then backup the game to my steam backup folder on the omv nas so i can restore the game from my pc from there.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!