Plex 1.12 UPDATE

• Hello,I use the plugin plex OMV offers me an update in 1.10 while when I launch plex he offers me version 1.12 which brings a lot of improvement,How to update in 1.12 while OMV does not propose it to me?Is this update scheduled in OMV for soon? thank you

• I do not know Docker so as long as I do not have the temp of me interested in it I prefer not esasyerUpdate on OMV and planned?And to do it manually how to do? I have this error

• you need some patience, actually you have broken your plex install.

please at this point consider to install plex in a docker is really easy and updates are solved with other docer: watchTower.

• You have to uninstall the previous version before installing new one.

As raulfg3 said, docker is the best solution and if you want to update plex, you just have to restart manually your container or use watchTower for auto updates.

• Thank you, but no Plex 1.10 still works very well, just not possible to do the update,

I do not know docker and for the backup of the settings and modifications it's easy for me that the normal, as much to wait for an update

• Offizieller Beitrag

1.12 is in the omv-extras repo now.

I guess I don't understand the need to update as soon as possible with plex. 1.12 has only been in the repo I get the package from for a few days. If you want updates faster, use docker or an i386/amd64 system (which use the official plex repo not available for arm systems).

omv 7.0.5-1 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.8 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.1.4 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.4

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github - changelogs

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• I think it is misunderstood, I never said that you were not fast enough etc, I am new to OMV, being a free software I did not know if people were still updating plex, or if it was possible or not, in view of these doubts I wanted to try myself even out of curiosity,Plus I just installed plex so I could not know if 1.12 was recent or not,Sorry if it's misunderstoodand thanks for the quick update

• Offizieller Beitrag

I think it is misunderstood, I never said that you were not fast enough etc, I am new to OMV, being a free software I did not know if people were still updating plex, or if it was possible or not, in view of these doubts I wanted to try myself even out of curiosity,Plus I just installed plex so I could not know if 1.12 was recent or not,Sorry if it's misunderstoodand thanks for the quick update

I didn't take it as not being fast enough. I'm really not worried about that :) I have mentioned in the past that I get the package from uglymagoo's dev2day repo. So, if someone wants it faster, they should get it from there. I was just saying I don't understand the need to always have the latest plex package installed if the current one is working well. This wasn't directed at you. Just a general statement. It would be nice if the update notice didn't show up in the plex interface but as with most things in OMV, any update should show up in the updates tab. If you see it somewhere else, you are doing something with much more risk.

omv 7.0.5-1 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.8 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.1.4 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.4

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github - changelogs

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!