OMV 4 - feedback thread

• Offizieller Beitrag

not sure if the bugtracker is for OMV4 also?

It is for all versions.

But I don't have and want a github account. So no bug issues from me.

Why? Do you really expect Volker to read every post? The old bugtracker required an account as well.

omv 7.0.4-2 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.5 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.10 | compose 7.1.2 | k8s 7.0-6 | cputemp 7.0 | mergerfs 7.0.3

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• I don't really trust Github *imagine a laughing smiley here*

I will think about it. But would be super nice from github to let people report bugs without forcing them to create an account first.

• Offizieller Beitrag

I don't really trust Github

Are you a windows user?? :D

I will think about it. But would be super nice from github to let people report bugs without forcing them to create an account first.

But then spammers would "report" bugs.

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.10 | compose 7.1.2 | k8s 7.0-6 | cputemp 7.0 | mergerfs 7.0.3

• I am even an amateur software developer. I hope it's called like this. It's not my job.
    And yes, windows user. I would never ever in my life switch to Linux for a workstation. I use git locally but I don't push anything to github.
    Furthermore I don't like open source.

:P

• Offizieller Beitrag

I am even an amateur software developer. I hope it's called like this. It's not my job.

Github is for both amateur and professionals. That is why they offer free repos as long as they public repos. If you want private repos, you can pay for that.

And yes, windows user.

My point was that you trust Microsoft but github :)

I would never ever in my life switch to Linux for a workstation.

:(

Furthermore I don't like open source.

Why do you use OMV then? Everything about it is open source. If you have a cell phone, it is running a lot of open source stuff as is just about any home networking product.

• Zitat

My point was that you trust Microsoft but github

I don't trust them either. But what I mean is, I don't want to pay to have a private repo. because of that I have a NAS.
    Volkers work is really incredible and I would instantly pay for his work even if OMV will be Payware.

But I just don't like the fact that when working on a software for years and years everyone can copy&paste it and fork it.

• Offizieller Beitrag

But I just don't like the fact that when working on a software for years and years everyone can copy&paste it and fork it.

Ideally, someone would fork it to make fix things or add features and then submit them back to you. If that idea didn't work, Linux and lots of other large projects wouldn't be where they are today.

• But just to clear this question: to you see any enabled/disabled gui components where they should be?

e.g. installed packages list. Normally every package should be marked with some kind of dot to let me see it's installed. But I don't see any.

• Offizieller Beitrag

to you see any enabled/disabled gui components where they should be?

I don't think so.

Normally every package should be marked with some kind of dot to let me see it's installed. But I don't see any.

Can you post a screenshot? Kind of sounds like a browser cache issue.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!